Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First start after cam change ls1

liam hollywood

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
this is going to sound like im an idiot i tryed toupload the picks this morning how do i use these icon things did the oil pump and rollmasterchain able to be seen rolmster romac didnt have to do anything a true gentleman the crank had been at work i brourght it back and will work out how to get them up if they arenot already up. i was actually hoping someone could give me some advice im quessing that the procharger belt was so tight the balance come off the bottom gear thast let the chain were a grove throug the oil pump sent the mettle throug the engine big ends werenot even in therer maybe a paper thick slither and that let the pistons get that couple mm to hit the quench . thisis a total quess but i only had a good built short engine i had to reuse the pan cam pushrods the heads are gm with the standed port work springs and stuff i could replace everything else exept balanmcer and timing cover. now its in i presure primed it and it startedbut dosnt sound like it kept prim pressure did the parts i used play a part in this im not sure the gauge backed that story sort off but i need some ones imput to give me confidence to destroy my short engine that has done 3000ks in another car

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
this is going to sound like im an idiot i tryed toupload the picks this morning how do i use these icon things
That video shows you how to do it. At the 58sec mark, don't select what they're selecting. Copy the link under 'message boards' and paste into your reply here.

If the bearings were that hammered, tuning or fuel delivery issues could be a factor.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Are you running a Procharger? Was the crank/balancer pinned?

liam hollywood

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
it was procharged no pin key way it was just a normal serpentine belt withanother fromthe power steering . im guessing thats what happend from what i have seen but i wouldnt know its just worrying that my good bottem end withthe top of that and now im worried i might have brought the isue over it just is strugling to get pressure