Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fit 4'' speakers into a VK's Dash.

djr4917

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted 4'' speakers in the dash of their VK or know if there is a thread about it? I want to know what's involved before I start or if it's easier to buy speakers that will fit the original holes.
I should clarify that I'm trying to keep the interior as stock as possible so I don't want door pods and I intend on keeping the original dash speaker covers. It's going to be a bit of a sleeper.

Last edited:

jcvhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Sle 4.2, ve SSZ z wagon
I think they r 3.5 inch same as the vh but I could be wrong. Just checked the bible, same as vh

djr4917

Reaction score
Did they turn out alright? I tend to punish my speakers every now and again.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
They are better than original but I certainly wouldn't push them hard, if you want to do that stick a decent ones in the doors.

Else just a quick thought came to mind could you fit 2 4" where the original centre speaker used to live?

Scott

djr4917

Reaction score
Someone said their mate had fitted 4'' speakers where the originals fit but said there was a lot of work involved and I don't want to cut the dash up too much. I'm looking to see if anyone else has done it so I know what's involved.
I found on ebay, kicker 3.5'' speakers for about $70. I might try something like that.

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
They are actually 3.5"
I found the best quality to use is Polk Audio 3.5". U have to unpick the factory speaker from the cover and glue the cover to the new ones. There the best 3.5" speaker out there.

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Not sure. Mine are in the mail as we speak. Will check when they arrive.

djr4917

Reaction score
Ah cool, let me know how they fit and sound. I still need to wire up the rear speakers and the amp so I don't need them just yet.