Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting 20 inch rims in my ve?

Corey849

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve omega S2
so im picking up some 20 inch simmons with tyres already on them tomorrow, was wondering if anyone has ever managed to fit 4 20 inch rims in a ve sedan (backseats and boot). have a trailer but would obviously be easier if does fit in the car

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I did recently.
Only 1 fit in the boot. Two on the back seats. And 1 fits in the passenger footwell BUT it is extremely tight against the door cars and transmission tunnel.
Bit of a nightmare but doable

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I did recently.
Only 1 fit in the boot. Two on the back seats. And 1 fits in the passenger footwell BUT it is extremely tight against the door cars and transmission tunnel.
Bear in mind that the boot was empty

SV607

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE SV6 & Holden EH Premier
so im picking up some 20 inch simmons with tyres already on them tomorrow, was wondering if anyone has ever managed to fit 4 20 inch rims in a ve sedan (backseats and boot). have a trailer but would obviously be easier if does fit in the car
i have 20" Super Sports.. i managed to fit them in the car and boot.

Last edited:

Corey849

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve omega S2
I did recently.
Do you think one would fit in the spare tyre spot? I need to get a new one yhe the fucked ones just sitting there so taking it out wouldnt matter. Only reason I ask is cuz still on my Ls for a few weeks and will need to have a parent obviously

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Do you think one would fit in the spare tyre spot? I need to get a new one yhe the fucked ones just sitting there so taking it out wouldnt matter. Only reason I ask is cuz still on my Ls for a few weeks and will need to have a parent obviously
I don’t think it will. I thought I tried but it didn’t work.
Truth be told… I had 2 passengers that day. One had to hold a tire, the other one didn’t as they were in the front. Definitely doable, but be careful of the wheel that has to fit in the door card. Very bloody tight

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Are the rims you are buying second hand? If so, be careful as being 20inch, they could be buckled or bent.

Corey849

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve omega S2
Are the rims you are buying second hand? If so, be careful as being 20inch, they could be buckled or bent.
They are second hand but from photos look very good apart from minor gutter rash and will be properly looking at each rim before handing over the cash anyway. And with fitting them think I I might just bring the stuff to change the wheels just incase can't fit it I'll just change 2 of them over either at rear or front and put 18s in the boot

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
They are second hand but from photos look very good apart from minor gutter rash and will be properly looking at each rim before handing over the cash anyway. And with fitting them think I I might just bring the stuff to change the wheels just incase can't fit it I'll just change 2 of them over either at rear or front and put 18s in the boot
Honestly, I don’t think the difference in size (2 inches) will do wonders for extra space. It is just the car and it’s boot space and overall ergonomics.
It is bloody hard to tell if they are buckled or bent without testing them. The ones I purchased did have gutter rash but I could not see any bends. They drove fine up until 90kmh or so… then after the effects of a buckle came into place.
Once taken to a tire store, they put it on their wheel balancing machine, which spins the wheel at a semi quick speed, and the buckle was evident.
Best of luck

Corey849

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve omega S2
Honestly, I don’t think the difference in size (2 inches) will do wonders for extra space. It is just the car and it’s boot space and overall ergonomics.
It is bloody hard to tell if they are buckled or bent without testing them. The ones I purchased did have gutter rash but I could not see any bends. They drove fine up until 90kmh or so… then after the effects of a buckle came into place.
Once taken to a tire store, they put it on their wheel balancing machine, which spins the wheel at a semi quick speed, and the buckle was evident.
Best of luck
Well I guess I'll just risk it with the rims as everything I've gotten from the seller shows he's a good guy and just doesn't have a use for the rims anymore, and with swapping the wheels im aware wouldnynmake kuch difference size wise but if swap them one of the rims will fit fine in the spare spot, anyways thanks for the help and advice