Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting 20 inch rims in my ve?

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Well I guess I'll just risk it with the rims as everything I've gotten from the seller shows he's a good guy and just doesn't have a use for the rims anymore, and with swapping the wheels im aware wouldnynmake kuch difference size wise but if swap them one of the rims will fit fine in the spare spot, anyways thanks for the help and advice
No worries. Are you purchasing from a wrecking yard or a private ad?

Corey849

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve omega S2
No worries. Are you purchasing from a wrecking yard or a private ad?
Buying them from a private ad, all I know about them is they were on the sellers wm at some point and ill probably ask him what's the reason for selling and see if anything seems a bit off. Paying 1100 for all 4 but 2 tyres do need replacing soon so will get the wheels tested for sure when I take it in to get the new tyres

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Buying them from a private ad, all I know about them is they were on the sellers wm at some point and ill probably ask him what's the reason for selling and see if anything seems a bit off. Paying 1100 for all 4 but 2 tyres do need replacing soon so will get the wheels tested for sure when I take it in to get the new tyres
Are they genuine or reps?

Corey849

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve omega S2
Are they genuine or reps?
Guys saying genuine and from the photos I can see the simmons logo stamped into the edge of the rim but will be checking properly tmr. Had it listed for 1200 and have seen a few other sets posted around that price

Corey849

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve omega S2
I've just looked at the photos of these rims again and one of them has a bend on the outer lip, is this something I should be super worried about or is it more likely just a cosmetic thing and the wheel would function fine or is it probably more likely the guy has slammed it into a curb and could be fucked

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230523_095622_Gumtree.jpg
    Screenshot_20230523_095622_Gumtree.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Sad
Reactions: Lex

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
I wouldn't be buying them unless they're really cheap. You can get the wheel re-rolled, but I wouldn't be paying over a thousand for a set that has a buckled lip.
They're really not that expensive new. If the other 3 are good, offer $500, and buy a new one.

Corey849

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve omega S2
I wouldn't be buying them unless they're really cheap. You can get the wheel re-rolled, but I wouldn't be paying over a thousand for a set that has a buckled lip.
They're really not that expensive new. If the other 3 are good, offer $500, and buy a new one.
Yeah I think I'm gonna say no because just doesn't seem worth the risk, have found a set of brand new rapiers that I might get instead