Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting headers with manual steering rack vk

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You want PH5700 Pacemakers. Will bolt straight in.

KTMPWR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
You want PH5700 Pacemakers. Will bolt straight in.
Pacemakers have just replyed saying
"Manual rack is fine and almost recommended as is smaller and no hi-pressure lines to deal with, but must have power steering k-frame no matter what. For 355 stroker into a VB-VK, Pacemaker headers part number PH5700"

My question is I can bolt my p/s rack and manual rack to my k-frame so what do they mean by must have p/s k frame

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
To have p/steer can only be with later model vn-vs k frame,vl or vn splined p/steer rack with vl p/steer intermediate.

vb-vk k frame with manual steer rack is fine....easiest & cheapest way.

With vb-vk kframe & p/steer setup you'll have issue after issue...

PH5700 - 1 3/4 primaries
PH5600 - 1 5/8 primaries

Both sizes will work with strokers don't really need larger pipes unless aiming for 500 plus....do however need to change 2 1/4 outlet to 2 1/2...common mod proven to add torque over 2 1/4 outlets & yeah outlet sizes can be mixed up when made.

Have fitted both sizes to same car & weirdly the bigger 1 3/4 pipes sounded better on same car/exhaust setup...was very surprised by that.

KTMPWR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
To have p/steer can only be with later model vn-vs k frame,vl or vn splined p/steer rack with vl p/steer intermediate.

vb-vk k frame with manual steer rack is fine....easiest & cheapest way.

With vb-vk kframe & p/steer setup you'll have issue after issue...

PH5700 - 1 3/4 primaries
PH5600 - 1 5/8 primaries

Both sizes will work with strokers don't really need larger pipes unless aiming for 500 plus....do however need to change 2 1/4 outlet to 2 1/2...common mod proven to add torque over 2 1/4 outlets & yeah outlet sizes can be mixed up when made.

Have fitted both sizes to same car & weirdly the bigger 1 3/4 pipes sounded better on same car/exhaust setup...was very surprised by that.
Hey thanks for the informed response mate feel more confident about my order of the ph5700 yeah I have the factory vk k frame with vh manual rack/shaft so fingers xsd cheers

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
All good,manual rack is simplest way to do it.

When fitting don't bother messing around just take completely remove starter motor, & steering...jack engine up & feed extractors from underneath on driver's side & iirc passenger side fits both ways although usually from top seems easier for me with sparkplugs removed.

KTMPWR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
All good,manual rack is simplest way to do it.

When fitting don't bother messing around just take completely remove starter motor, & steering...jack engine up & feed extractors from underneath on driver's side & iirc passenger side fits both ways although usually from top seems easier for me with sparkplugs removed.
Thanks again bruv massive help

abambrook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
Hey thanks for the informed response mate feel more confident about my order of the ph5700 yeah I have the factory vk k frame with vh manual rack/shaft so fingers xsd cheers
Hey mate
How did you go with the PH5700 fitting them in? Did you have any issues or for straight in?