Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting o2 sensor

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
nice one rob will send it as soon as I can get me a burner.Get this thought hmmm where can I get a burner so went to the local comp store and asked if they could price me one all I got was a flat out no.They have never been that usefull actually,maybe I need a suit and tie.

try trade me, i think i saw an eprom burner on there the other day

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
chears mate had a look cant find a burner yet need to goto city and just buy one off the shelf.Whats your memcal prom number immortality anything like mine.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
chears mate had a look cant find a burner yet need to goto city and just buy one off the shelf.Whats your memcal prom number immortality anything like mine.

sorry, haven't had a chance to look at it yet, i'd just finished putting all the interior bits back in when i started on this road and hadn't yet fouind the motivation to pul it out again. maybe this weekend

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Doctorbob that memcal above was out of my vp I just got my mate ecu after it sh** itself coolant temp said 30 degrees even after a new sensor used to cough off idle and smoke from too much fuel new ecu fixed that so ive got another memcal it is a vnv6 one APDL0288 if you can burn me a copy of the hsv3.8 chip ill send you the chip out of this one if you want it I just havnt got my burner yet.and cant read it or burn me something better than what ive got might even plug in the vn memcal into me vp I took the bellmouth out and it went better low down but think its starving for fuel up top cos ive got no O2 sensor its still feeding in the same amount of gas as it did with the bellmouth in it seams that the bellmouth is quite restrictive but I have put it back in incase it is running to lean I here that holden tuned them over rich to protect the engine a bit but I can tell its just not enough.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
bought an o2 sensor today hope its the right one seems to be a multi-fit kit for any car bosch 0 258 002 210 - 760 cost $90 searched the net but couldnt find out about it anyone know if it will be right I need a two wire one and this is a two wire one is there any difference or they all the same.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
put in my sensor works all good no problems getting it in and going .even displays o2 sensor data on winaldl without it activated in the tune .all wires were there ready to go.just experimenting with a few tunes at the moment cant wait for my burner to get here in a few days.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A sensor is a sensor. As long as it has the same number of wires then it will be OK.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
i've got the ADPL memcal in my VN. haven't got around to the o2 sensor yet. mine is the single wire setup though. i need to find a few different tunes to suit with o2. i've got a couple of greenfoam's tunes but haven't got the HSV3.8 yet

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
im running that vn memcal in my vp at the moment sucks the gas in the vp thats for sure been running the hsv3.8 as well doesnt suit vp to well i think.Does have some nice tweaks that make the car nicer to drive though.ive got the bin for it here somewhere.