Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fixing a VT driver seat back adjuster rod

griezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL-X Wagon
Hi guys im asking for a mate which has a VT, his driver seat back adjuster knob - rod keeps coming out, how do you fix it so the rod doesn't keep sliding out? what holds it in place?

there looks to be something missing, and where can we get these black round plastic from? clips are missing
IMG_1016[1].JPG
IMG_1019[1].JPG
IMG_1022[1].JPG

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
I'm thinking the rod has a C clip on the other end. I've had my drivers seat apart several times during the replacements but my seats never had the shaft come out. Just Googled the subject and can't find anything related to the adjustment shaft. Maybe go visit a wreckers and have a look see at a farked seat and get the parts to correct your mates seat. Wondering in the first and thrid picture has the seat been broken and welded during its life.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I know this is a old thread just repaired a mates foam base yesterday on his VT and worked out if you don't line up the rod grooves it wont slide in to the other side, so just turn the rod back a forwards a little as u push when it starts to go then tap the rod in with the plastic wheel attached till the tabs lock over the seat mechanism which keeps it from fulling out. I used a rubber mallet. Cheers.