Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flaming exhaust

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I wanna flaming exhaust hook up on my car, the idea is soo old school.. I love it.. Now I'm not after people telling me how **** it is, I just wanna discuss how to do it..

The kits you pay $170 for are just spark plugs with wires I'm pretty sure.. I google imaged it and came up with the pic below..

Is there a good way for me to give voltage to the spark plugs I drill into my exhaust? I thinking maybe a lead on one end, but how would I get voltage to the other end of the lead..

Also, this requires unburnt fuel.. I'm pretty sure my cats are working fine, does anyone know if this will work on a fairly late model car and if having dual fuel will affect this in any way?

Cheers

preview.gif

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
mabey just a ignition coil to provide the spark then a spark plug lead to a spark plug in the exhaust. most of these kits say it should work on v6's but, you might have problems with it when it is running on lpg as it prob wont flame as there might not be anything to be burnt

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
you need to use a second coil. the low tension wire is switched between the two coils so when you preess the switch the engines coil sotps firing and raw fuel is pumped into the exhaust where it is ignited by the spark plugs being powered by the second coil

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't like the sound of my engine coil stopping firing.. Doesn't that mean my spark plugs won't spark, if the coils aren't firing? Or even some of my cylinders will be down..

Do you have any idea how a gas system would handle it?

Cheers..

235rwkw

Reaction score
i would only have one use for these.

that is to melf the front bumper of cars that stop to close or travel to close to me.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
It will momentarily stall the engine. although being an auto and such a late model car you may vary well need to restart it whilst on the move.

I have no clue how well it would go on gas....

IMHO...scrap it.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
i had a mate that done it but the only way it would work was for him to rev the car and when the car was at high revs he would hit the button and fire would blow out the exhaust but it would stall and he would have to start it again and do the same to get flames

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I'm not commenting on how crap it will look or anything (I reckon it would be wicked), just giving you a helpful tip.. be careful in hiding the thing, as it's very illegal in Victoria

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers guys.. Don't think I'll do it.. Doesn't seem worth it..

Would probably be best on a carby car or something with cats bashed out..

Thanks for the advice...

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Not to mention if it stuffs up and you burn your car to the ground.