Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fly wheel

VH camping

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH wagon
I want to find out how far you can machine the fly wheel. It is the 202 motor. I was told it was done the last time a new chluch was put in. I have a 5 speed that I want to put in but it need a tail sharft will the one from the 4 speed fit in. And the fork for the is missing for the thrust bearing will the one off the 4 speed fit the 5 speep. Any help will be gr8 help to me.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Off the top of my head I cant help you on the thickness part, but how many times has it been machined? Maybe it has been heated & glazed up so bad they had to take a heap of material off it last time. Just to be on the safe side I would get a second opinion, but a flywheel for a 202 manaul is pretty easy to come by

As for the gearbox what 5 speed have you got?

cheers
scott

VH camping

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH wagon
Hi Scott I dont know how many times the fly wheel has been machined. I was just thinking you can only machine the disks of your breakes so far and thort you can only do the flywheel so many times too.

I have a 5 speed out of a VH it is just a standard motor.

bye for now mark