Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Foaming VP -2009 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
No I wont be touching the doors, the winders and such, that's another story :)

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Makes me want to take out more weight off my car, Well i got the angle grinder out when the bumper was off and took abit more out so i can fit the intercooler snug :), drags are this Sat Foam, and thats when i am gettting my car up and running on the friday/night, but dunno about the drags lol.

Send me tune yet, or did ya get stuck under your car mate lol

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I set my alarm to wake me up after 3 hours sleep so I could ride my pushy to the post office and send it for you, wasn't easy to wake up that's for sure but I did it :p

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I set my alarm to wake me up after 3 hours sleep so I could ride my pushy to the post office and send it for you, wasn't easy to wake up that's for sure but I did it :p

Now this fella is a dedicated Tuner :), much appreciated :D, i went to bed late then had work at 6am sucks.

so there is Night Drags on this sat, it would be soooo fun but i am just getting everything going and making sure there isnt any problems so i might give it a miss/maybe :p

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
the only thing that wasn't spot on was the timing mark on my balancer!. It was 10 degrees retarded so that's quite interesting, well it may or may not be. It depends WHEN it moved before or after I last checked the timing a couple of years ago :p I'm assuming it moved in the last couple of years otherwise my car has been making peak power at well over 40 degrees advance and shouldn't really be the case (but may be!:) even weirder is that in theory if it was going to slip, it should have been in the other direction.....:!). I had to check TDC 10 times to be sure I wasn't making this up but it's definatly a true story

The factory ballancers are notorious for it- the Holden inline sixes too, got in the habit years ago of scribing/painting a line across the face of them to tell at a glance if they are moving at all, easier than checking TDC with a stop like what you made before putting the timing light on. Real good move with the "undercover bling" nice touch the timing marks, nit that you'll need them with efi tho once base timing set.

Did you degree in your cam with a wheel and dti? where is max intake lobe lift relative to piston? These days top engine builders are matching max intake flow (usually damn close to max lobe lift ) to piston 70-75 degrees atdc (max piston velocity) to get as much in as possible

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Love the undercover bling, looks so much better then the bling one...

Also jason i was wondering is there a way of identifying (visually or how the car runs) a tune you done for me ages ago?
(long story short, i took the ecu out and the old man mixed it with some other ecu's so i dont know which one it is)..
All of them have a stock sticker on them so i cant see anything visually different about them?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
um I only VERY rarely put the stock sticker back on a memcal, I might have liek 3 times in my life, only if it's also a secret undercover job for a P plater or I'm ask to for insurance or something?. So I don't think it would have the stock sticker, usualy will be either a silver or gold round one depending on what stickers I had at the time

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
black electrical tape on mine, usually cause its the only sticky thing i can find nearby. stock stickers rarely ever go back on well anyway

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Sweeeeet thanks jason, now i know what to look for....... I have 3 in my room now and they all have a silver sticker with ATFY 4410 so ill check the one in my car now and the couple i have in the garage still lol

Appreciate the help

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The factory ballancers are notorious for it- the Holden inline sixes too, got in the habit years ago of scribing/painting a line across the face of them to tell at a glance if they are moving at all, easier than checking TDC with a stop like what you made before putting the timing light on. Real good move with the "undercover bling" nice touch the timing marks, nit that you'll need them with efi tho once base timing set.

Did you degree in your cam with a wheel and dti? where is max intake lobe lift relative to piston? These days top engine builders are matching max intake flow (usually damn close to max lobe lift ) to piston 70-75 degrees atdc (max piston velocity) to get as much in as possible

I checked the cam timing with a dial and it's just in as per the card. 49 thou lift at TDC. I've heard a few guys tell me they had there's setup like you mention but in the end they aren't even running the times I was on the stock cam so I don't think I have any reason to copy that idea. I don't believe in anything untill I see it go well and I don't see many people have success storys :p. it might work real well on a X manifold with a big solid cam but with my combo with the banana for now, I think where it's at will be the best.

I choose a different cam for my mate, the Wade 1522CB? or BC? it's 218/222 and has a little more favorable cam timing (more agressive lobes) than mine, his will make 10 hp more than more mine :( but I'll get over it :). I think so long as you have a cam around this size you can't go very wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.