Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Foaming VP

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Good work what are you expecting out of the exhaust to drop you into the high 8s?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yes 8.9's I hope, I didn't have a memcal with a eprom in it with me today so I started it in limp home mode, I found it quite strange that it wont idle and infact hardly runs at all straight out of the headers when it runs just fine in limp home mode with the full exhaust on. My brother told me his HJ 308 never used to idle much when he would drop the exhaust either

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Yes 8.9's I hope, I didn't have a memcal with a eprom in it with me today so I started it in limp home mode, I found it quite strange that it wont idle and infact hardly runs at all straight out of the headers when it runs just fine in limp home mode with the full exhaust on. My brother told me his HJ 308 never used to idle much when he would drop the exhaust either

My VP SS idled fine just out of the ci manifold. Scared the **** out of the neighbor just over the other side of the fence though :w00t:

Reaper

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
i started my car with jsut the manifold on too n my mum was scared in the house 50m away! sounded good tho i was just about to drop it on the floor and use it like that haha :D oh and it ran fine

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It did run fine the next day but only after a couple big revs to make the iac remember it was alive. It vibrated the **** outa every plastic part inside the car (phwoor no body deadner is so good:p). I've been welding the exhaust tonight. Such a big job because I have to cut and join heaps and heaps of pieces to make good bends and then after they are welded I smooth out the inside of the pipe with a long shafted flapper wheel on a die grinder. Probably still not as good as a mandrel bend but much better than factory. It does take along time and I will only have the front section from the back of the cats to the start of the mufflers complete about half way through tomorrow. I've finsihed the merge chamber in the middle of that section and I'm very happy with how that turned out. That was quite likely a 10rwkw trick so I didn't mind spending a couple hours getting that right. It wont look exhaust shop pretty on the outside but alot of thought has gone into it and I really could see a 15rwkw gain from the pacemakers and the exhaust combined and that will see me straight into 13.99 land so I'm just taking my time to get it right (on the inside) :)

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
sounds good cant wait till you test it on the g-tech might suprise yourself.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
sounds good cant wait till you test it on the g-tech might suprise yourself.

Might not have time, I've got a couple grudge matches lined up for Friday night at the drags with guys that haven't raced me yet, (some 5 litres :) ) it has to be finished then. VQ Rat might be up for a race with his new motor too no doubt he can beat me this time but at least I'd like the gap to be as small as possible:p

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
So when u reach the 8.9 are you going to drop a cam in it?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah soon as I make that time and have the cash I'll get a cam. I am probably going to drive to a 1/4 mile track once it's safely in the 8.9s like mid 8.9s so I can be sure I can run a 13.99 or faster 1/4 mile