Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Focal Speakers. :thumbsup:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
When you said sub and amp combo, you werent refering to those pre-loaded Focal combo's were you?

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
While there's discussion about higher end speakers, what do people think about rainbow?

i run rainbow vanadium phase plugs, brilliant speakers. i love em. have my mids running down to 50Hz and they love it. couldnt recomend them more

i compared them to Hertz MLK2, Dynaudio, Morel Supremo, Focal Be, Boston Z6, Seas Reference, DLS Nobelium and they were my favourite, followed by the DLS and Seas
you wont be dissapointed

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
yea you cant go wrong with alpine type R speakers or clarion have fantastic sound.

+1 to the Type R.

Alpine have some deals right now, i got their 'power system' -- goes pretty nicely :) $300 cashback too.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Focal and Boston models around the same price are better than Type R's :)

Jimmy SV6

Colours Wow, Now It Glows
Reaction score
Members Ride
[Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
When you said sub and amp combo, you werent refering to those pre-loaded Focal combo's were you?

Yeah i was refering to the sub and amp combo... that in the one box... they look really sweet and nifty and if i needed to pull me out not saying that i would but i think it would be soo soo much easier if i need to somewhere down the track i guess :yeah:

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Most of the time those type of combos sacrifice sound for convenience. Whereas you can buy a "proper" sub/box and seperate amp, just mount the amp somewhere in the car (not attached to the box) and just have a plug arrangement on the speaker wires/terminals.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yeah i though you were talking about those Focal Combos. Holden Boy said it all with regards to them:thumbsup:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
my dad gota nice set of focal 4" the put out heaps of mid bass, more than what my jbl 6.5" splits, they sound amazing, tried to swap him 6.5's for the 4" soo many times to no avail...