Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog light switch mod

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Right I pulled the switch apart and noticed a crucial thing.. The PCB falls short of conductive material for your intended purpose. As a note, I didn't realise or did at the time that as mod was for driving lights being triggered off the high beams so there was no concern. Back to it, contact on one side starts at the parkers (associated to pin 9), the other side seems to be ok (pin 6). Still with a conductive pen the addition material could be made/applied. I would though like to see a further mod to the PCB by breaking contact between parkers to headlight but reinstated when set to auto with the addition of a relay to isolate the new DRL circuit so it can switch between the two. You just have to remember it's all NEG switched.

I assume you've mannaged to pull the switch assembly apart to have a look see for yourself?

veryquicksilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro cv8z
yeah I've pulled it all apart and can see that one side of the pcb (that nearest engine) seems to be the fog on-off
The other side is off - parkers - headlights - auto
Earthing pin 6 turns fogs on
That's as far I get

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
I assume you read that without a bit of work it won't be suitable for switching your DRL's. Looks like you should grab/redirect the neg tigger to the fog relay and create your own circuit that'll work off the ignition with Parker light/headlight isolation.

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Lol yep I hear ya.. Still think it will happen just not the way he'd like. Be nice for a "thanks but over it" Any who I guess I'll unsubscribe from this thread ;)