Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog lights hid conversion hsv vy

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
The intent here is not to improve the functionality of fog lights - rather to erase the foglight option and create a brighter, fuller field of light, which can be independantly switched on/off as needed eg, not around town.

That said, I can't imagine they'll do anything to increase night time field of vision, ie for long distance high speed driving. On the contrary, I can imagine it blowing your night vision and causing problems when you dip the bright, short range unfocused light for oncoming traffic.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

JacksHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Clubsport Y series 2
Yea, I don't use them on busy roads, one because they're illegal and two because if I were on the other side, I'd be pissed if someone was using them. Performance wise, I'm not to fussy whether they work or not for any particular reason. IMO they work much better than the stock lights, but that may well be an incorrect assessment. Here are some pics I took tonight.
First one is Foggies & headlights
photo-16.JPG
Next one is just headlights
photo-17.JPG
Then just foggies
photo-18.JPG
Obviously headlights are MUCH better for normal vision, but I think the foggies compliment them, gives them a little more forward and side range. Not sure how necessary that is but like I said, I got them for show, not functionality!
And to the which part. Again, its just my opinion, maybe I'm just blinded by my new toy ;), but I find the white light much clearer through city driving than stock, no issues with street signs. As for rain, we've just had a couple days of heavy rain at night and they have done me well. Can't speak for fog. I only ever see fog on SUPER cold mornings in winter. Ill let you know in a few months :p Having said all that. I never use them really, just when I'm trying to make the car look better. Figured it was worth the small amount of money and an hour of DIY fun :D
Cheers for all the positive comments too guys! Ill get some better pics up of them on my page this week.