Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog Lights

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The button is a complete switch I take it and you need the little plastic bracket to screw it to the facia to hold it in too. Most of the wires you need to make it work can be teed off the headlight switch except the lighting of the switch itself....since the headlight switch isnt lit.
Some cars had the wire run from the dash connector to the fog relay under the dash, however the rest to the fog light connectors from the relay isnt.

C

cameron boyle

price

$20 from holden with the clip, i ran all wires from the battery and used clips on the back of the switch, trial and error with the wires, if you have any specific questions quite happy to answer

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
What did you use to connect the switch to the wires?? cheers

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
The air con switch uses the same wiring connector so maybe you can rob one from a wreck and strip back enough wire from the connector so you can use it complete and tee off wires in your dash instead of running single connectors which looks a bit amateur.
Basically the fog relay has a positive run to it directly one side of its coil and the switch on the dash makes the negative side of the relay coil.
You pick up the negative for it from the headlight switch directly above it....that way the lights or the parkers have to be on for the fog lights to be on and also when you open the door all the lights go off via the bcm.I picked up the switch illumination fron a brown/white wire at the dash connector via a tee joint.Technically the fog relays action is supposed to switch the headlights off when the fog is on but plenty of cars nowdays dont seem to have to.

Fitty

Reaction score
How much did the entire set up cost you? The button was $20 I think you said, and the wiring would be sweet **** all, but what's the go with installing the fog lights?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Ive been trying to get someone to post me some pictures of theirs especially the mounting of them and the attachment of the lights themselves...so far no takers.As far as I can tell you have to cut out a hole for the fog light in your bumperbar but not too much so the bezel covers it .This is a picture I found of a bar with the hole cut but not the bezels installed.The light itself is mounted on the reo bar by 2 large screws...the holes have to be drilled for them in the bar.

Attachments

• fog 2a.jpg
    fog 2a.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,354
Last edited:

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
yeh i wanna get some fog lights aswell. How much do the actuall lights cost and can they fit in a stock VS front? How much did it cost to get them installed?

cheers

G

Grommitt

hmmm i might take some step by step pics when i do mine in the next couple weeks ;)