Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

foggies/headlights problem

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
Foggies should only be used in foggy conditions. Driving around in normal conditions with fog lights on is a wank and you could injure your wrist if you keep them on.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Foggies should only be used in foggy conditions. Driving around in normal conditions with fog lights on is a wank and you could injure your wrist if you keep them on.

My fog lights are always on. Not for wank factor, but to stop wankers driving into my car. I've seen a sgnifigant increase in the number of morons who pull out in front of my car without foglights, opposed to my with them. Deal with it princess :)

But, all of my lights are angled correctly and dont dazzle people. If you're talking about people with aftermarket lights angled up towards drivers eyes, i completely agree :)

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
You have got to be joking. You use your fog lights because you want attention. Maybe you should drive a car that gets attention without fog lights. You are the new breed of driver who drives with fog lights on (even during the day), with no regard for other road users. Now people like you drive at night with no headlights on, only fog lights. People in white lab coats have, since the invention of the motor car, spent countless hours and money developing the efficiency of headlight lenses. Now people like you drive with those headlights off, and drive around with cosmetic lights on. Where is the safety in that? You mentioned your experience, well my experience is that just about every tosser who drives around with their fog lights on also changes lanes, turns around round abouts, or intersections , etc doesnt use indicators. Oh, and you all wear flouro safety vests, even though you dont give a damn about safety. Suck that up Princess Stealthy. Fair Dinkum, be honest with yourself. Fog lights are for tossers. Do you have Chev badges on your car? I bet you do, or if you dont, you want them. TOSSER.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
You have got to be joking.
Deadly serious actually

You use your fog lights because you want attention. Maybe you should drive a car that gets attention without fog lights.
Wrong. I dont want attention, i want my car to not be written off by someone who cant judge distances on the road.

You are the new breed of driver who drives with fog lights on (even during the day), with no regard for other road users.
I am not a new driver.
What i do doesn't effect other drivers in the slightest (unless you count preventing them from smashing into me effecting them)

Now people like you drive at night with no headlights on, only fog lights. People in white lab coats have, since the invention of the motor car, spent countless hours and money developing the efficiency of headlight lenses. Now people like you drive with those headlights off, and drive around with cosmetic lights on. Where is the safety in that?
Who said i dont have headlights on at night?

You mentioned your experience, well my experience is that just about every tosser who drives around with their fog lights on also changes lanes, turns around round abouts, or intersections , etc doesnt use indicators
I'm quite pedantic about indicators actually (and more specifically, using them correctly)

Oh, and you all wear flouro safety vests, even though you dont give a damn about safety. Suck that up Princess Stealthy.
I wear a safety vest for work, and its actually one of my main tasks at work (making sure people are adhearing to it). I dont wear hi vis outside of work...

Fair Dinkum, be honest with yourself. Fog lights are for tossers.
Aftermarket foglights angled incorrectly are for tossers. Likewise ########s who have standard cars, with heavy loads in them that dont adjust the angle their lights to suit
Correctly angled fog lights are perfectly acceptable in my eyes

Do you have Chev badges on your car? I bet you do, or if you dont, you want them. TOSSER.
I hate chev badges, but not as much as i hate people who have a whinge about something like fog lights, when there are 10 times as many people towing, or loaded up over capacity, who's lights actually blind other drivers.

images

Also, dont be surprised if you dont get another reply, someone who's activity is 0.04 posts per day clearly shows you're a troll who just comes here to stir crap.

benny_bones

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY Series 2 Wagon
Telstra vans have there lights on permanently for a reason..

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Um stealthy, why not just use your headlights? Even properly angled fog lights dazzle on coming traffic, especially on a very smooth or wet road, as they are angled down which has the light reflect back up from the road in these conditions.

If you are so concerned with safety, use your normal headlights or have DTRL professionally and correctly installed.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Where is this thread going ?????

Did the original post say anything about driving around with the fog lights on all the time?????
All he wanted to know was is, that he had a problem with the wiring when he installed the HID's.

Have people got nothing better to do than start bitch fights when some one asks a valid question?????

Mudcrab92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s 5sp
I never said I always have them on. I live in the middle of nowhere and fog is always a problem.
Also. Its causing a problem with my high beam and low beam.

Take your sissy words somewhere else. Not the place for it

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Ive taken out the hid kit and put my standard globes back in. It keeps blowing fuse 31 (lh side headlight) would that be my problem with the foggies?
Im taking the car to mu auto elec and he can wire up the hid kit properly and mount the ballasts
Unless I can find where the problem is

I would say it's more than likely it's the left fog light.
Take out the fog light and check the wiring for it. Make especially sure the little spade connector that comes out of the rear of the light is properly insullated.
That could be shorting out. If it is, it may have a black scorch mark or evidence of a burn around it. You may also see a scorch or burn mark on the body of the car where
it was touching.
Some of the insullation on the wiring could have been rubbed off and
it's shorting out. That's the trouble with blowing fuses, checking the wiring.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Um stealthy, why not just use your headlights? Even properly angled fog lights dazzle on coming traffic, especially on a very smooth or wet road, as they are angled down which has the light reflect back up from the road in these conditions.

If you are so concerned with safety, use your normal headlights or have DTRL professionally and correctly installed.
I previously did that, and for some reason unknown to me, it doesn't have the same effect (people still drive into me).

DTRL are in the process now, but until then... ;)