Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford GT-P or VZ R8

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
rb26dett said:
You do know that the Typhoon makes 30NM more torque than the GT-P dont you?

550NM v 520NM

R8 makes 530NM
But in a heavier shell the torque fiquers would seem less. Also Ford decided to print there power fiquers in DIN, which in the VZ R8 takes the power to 305kw, so im guessing fords power and torque would be more on paper, but not in the real world.
AirStrike :air:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
rb26dett said:
You do know that the Typhoon makes 30NM more torque than the GT-P dont you?

550NM v 520NM

R8 makes 530NM

Paper stats are all good and proper, but again the torque in the 6 doesnt really kick in till late, its luggy and feels very lazy, i am only speaking of the experience i had in a new one...

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Well, turbos are an aquired taste.

They will never be able to replace the V8 rumble.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
rb26dett said:
Well, turbos are an aquired taste.

They will never be able to replace the V8 rumble.
Its more the fact the majoritiy of them have nothing down low, you have to ring the guts out of em to get any where.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
AirStrike said:
Its more the fact the majoritiy of them have nothing down low, you have to ring the guts out of em to get any where.

Indeed, why turbo when you can supercharge.

I could never get an aquiring for a turbo, eeek

M

matt69

wat sort of power would u get with a blown 6 litre? maybe 480kw like the efijy? :w00t:

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
go the ford gt-p. more potential. The rebel leader out my way bought a GT and got the GT-P interior. (he didn't want GT-P badges) He has spents probably $70k doing it up. And now he wants to twin turbo it. He has clocked 300km/hr in it. John Bowe has driven it while it was at a ford dealership getting work done and he says it could go on the racetrack. I've driven it and was to scared to give it some. there was still the rev limiter but no speed limiter. it was a beast. plus the gt-p looks so much fatter then the r8. the r8 looks a bit like a chicks racecar.

T

throttlehappy

bangers said:
go the ford gt-p. more potential. The rebel leader out my way bought a GT and got the GT-P interior. (he didn't want GT-P badges) He has spents probably $70k doing it up. And now he wants to twin turbo it. He has clocked 300km/hr in it. John Bowe has driven it while it was at a ford dealership getting work done and he says it could go on the racetrack. I've driven it and was to scared to give it some. there was still the rev limiter but no speed limiter. it was a beast. plus the gt-p looks so much fatter then the r8. the r8 looks a bit like a chicks racecar.

more potential :whistling
:hit:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
bangers said:

lol ok.....