Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford GT-P or VZ R8

Z

ZER0

good call mate... devil yellow looks hot.... id prefer phantom my self, but yellow would stand out nicley!

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
minux said:
Well, im defiantly not buying a GT-P. Drove to melbourne sunday arvo, it was terrible, by the end of the trip i was all cramped. Im only 6ft but a solid build(worked up in the army :D) but dang, no way known i want this. Guess my decision is made, im thinking due to the savings i may be second hand, looked at a devil yellow? one yesterday hence the drive to melbourne, so much money to save and its HSV certified.

Told you... I'm 6'4 and when I was looking for a car, I needed heaps of room and comfort, falcons cant provide that.

I reckon either Impulse blue, Devil Yellow or Fusion (new CV8Z Monaro colour) would be awesome.

Fusion Clubsport

T

t2te50

MINUX I'm 200cm tall and drive an AU with a sunroof! but I bought the car for driver enjoyment purposes and their is no doubt the ford on paper and if not in the driving is the more dynamically gifted (the typhoon anyway).

The typhoon has fuel economy on its side, not to mention the amount of untapped grunt they have in reserve. Now they have a sweet 6 speed auto.

The quality of plastics in all holden's plastics is appalling, Personally I would wait for the new model if you love commodores so much.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
t2te50 said:
MINUX I'm 200cm tall and drive an AU with a sunroof! but I bought the car for driver enjoyment purposes and their is no doubt the ford on paper and if not in the driving is the more dynamically gifted (the typhoon anyway).

The typhoon has fuel economy on its side, not to mention the amount of untapped grunt they have in reserve. Now they have a sweet 6 speed auto.

The quality of plastics in all holden's plastics is appalling, Personally I would wait for the new model if you love commodores so much.

Due to my leg problems caused by a very unfortunate event, i need leg room. None of which the GT-P offered. The typhoon is just a 6. I would rather s/c an 8 and have soemthing that didnt sound like an excessive fart.

On the road the R8 leaves the GT-P typhoon everything for dead, the ford has no ability in cornering and it feels like the car is already understeering before i even get into the corner. The main reason i was looking at ford was simply the price i couldget one, but my lovely holden dealer actually bettered my deal, so my mind is basically made up.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Heh, delivery with an optioned R8 14th feb

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :thumbsup: What options have you added to the R8? Can't wait to see pics of your new beast!!! :w00t:

Andy :D

Last edited:
T

t2te50

congratulations hopefully you'll get a good one. But then again If you can afford it you can also afford to fix it. I can't deny it's a jet and whoops any falcon.
I'm not a big fan of aftermarket mods, the factory spends 100's of hours of testing and $$$$$$ into development not for someone else to screw up. Exhaust and maybe chip is as far as I would go.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
t2te50 said:
congratulations hopefully you'll get a good one. But then again If you can afford it you can also afford to fix it. I can't deny it's a jet and whoops any falcon.
I'm not a big fan of aftermarket mods, the factory spends 100's of hours of testing and $$$$$$ into development not for someone else to screw up. Exhaust and maybe chip is as far as I would go.

The day i get it will go straight to the mechanics for zorst and edit, i doubt i will do anything more

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
minux said:
Ok, i drove the typhoon, it felt overly too large and by far not enough torque. I think they are far overrated.

You do know that the Typhoon makes 30NM more torque than the GT-P dont you?

550NM v 520NM

R8 makes 530NM