Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford's new Coyote V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
oh and if the cyote is so good what of the lexus v10 412kw at 4.8l how dose that sound a 4.8l making an extra 90kw

how about the n/a 5.0 coyote making 307 vs the ss's 6.0 making 260/270 within the same emissions regs. Oh and the cars the coyote is in don't cost 400k

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
i have drove many subarus the fastest was a stock 09 liberty gt and was awsome and i liked it much

i have driven ba bf fg xr8's xr6t's and f6's and a g6e turbo the best down low was the g6e i never got the chance to se the turbo spool out on the fg f6 then the owner said i should of given it to it ( now you tell me ) and i drove a territory turbo upgraded

all were fast and i liked them many were faster than clubsports but i drove a 3/10 maloo the one with 317 now that went just as fast as the f6's

i do like some fords but most are puss some holdens are puss

but in the end there is no replacement for displacment

so who will win if gm converts a ls3 to quad cam or twin cam twin having more lift that is what i would like to see then maby they could use direct injection and gain even more power

i think the reason gm hasent changed is maby ford has finaly caught up and started to over take now it's time to change and ford will be in the dust for another 30 years lol

How could you have given the f6 any sort of drive without boosting it? its on boost just after 2000rpm yet you say the maloo was just as fast. Ford has been infront since the f6 was released performance wise. RE. di - ford can put direct injection onto the coyote easily as the motor was designed with it in mind and get more power. Both manufacturers will keep updating their engines with new tech but ford have the edge with this new motor. You have some pretty intense tunnel vision

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
all engines have overlap this because they need to scavenge

Not quite. The overlap pushes the exhaust air out with fresh air, extractors scavenge. Plus boosted engines have 2/10ths of stuff all overlap otherwise its just blowing all the compressed air straight out the exhaust

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
The bullshit bounded around this forum is astounding. One would think enthusiasts would have a better Idea of how their hobbies actually work.

Remember guys, better to keep your mouth shut and be thought and idiot, rather the open it and remove all doubt.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
don't you badmouth the 5 litre like that....

no not all 5lts just mine its been pissing me off atm

If fuel efficiency is a significant factor in your choice of vehicle then you aren't in the market for a V8.

if that's the case why would holden bother with AFM and SIDI ??

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Because there capering to one eye'd fan boy's. And why not dipshits that will hand over their cash because they're deluded are good money.

THAT, and they have to, to meet EPA requirements.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
AFM and SIDI are marketing gimmicks that pander to the cardigans. Sure, SIDI is a good technology but it should just exist without being made a big thing of like it does in virtually ALL new European cars. AFM is just a joke. It's about trying to keep people happy about V8s. "yeah it's a V8 but not all the time".

And as soop said, the new emissions standards need to be met. It's why I love driving my 308 HG at full noise. 600 Holley with secondaries wide open or just the lumpy cam at idle. The fuel needle going down as quick as the speedo goes up. LOVE IT!!! :D There's nothing like the smell of an old school muscle car. It's all bad and that's what makes it oh so good!

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
AFM and SIDI are marketing gimmicks that pander to the cardigans. Sure, SIDI is a good technology but it should just exist without being made a big thing of like it does in virtually ALL new European cars. AFM is just a joke. It's about trying to keep people happy about V8s. "yeah it's a V8 but not all the time".

And as soop said, the new emissions standards need to be met. It's why I love driving my 308 HG at full noise. 600 Holley with secondaries wide open or just the lumpy cam at idle. The fuel needle going down as quick as the speedo goes up. LOVE IT!!! :D There's nothing like the smell of an old school muscle car. It's all bad and that's what makes it oh so good!

HAAhahahaha, I've got to agree with you there.
And the fact thats its perfectly legal is very satisfying too I bet!

Kurtp

VR Buicks > You ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 V6 Sedan
Theres not many Ford owners here !! , but what surprises me is the amount of Commodore owners with a balanced viewpoint who seem positive about the coyote . It seems that in the future some of these guys will be crawling on here just to annoy you once they have changed brands , maybe me also .

Never said they annoyed me, just found it interesting. However I have nothing against ford, nor this engine. It looks the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.