Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Forum Software

Which do you prefer?

• Invision

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • vBulletin

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Hi Guys,
You may have wondered why you haven't seen me around a great deal of late, the reason being I am working hard in the background to improve the site as well as bringing new features to the site. It's slowly taking shape but it certainly won't happen overnight.

Anyway on with the purpose of this post, I am hoping to pick your brains.

As you all know we run Invision as the chosen forum software but we are looking at changing over and purchasing vBulletin 3.0 when it is finally released or stick with Invision.

Now the question I have for all of you is which do you prefer?

Invision
vBulletin

Nevermind the cost that doesn't have any bearing on this decision at all.

I guess one big plus for Invision is the fact you are able to purchase an add-on chat which might I add works correctly I think that's like $90 US from what I recall.

Anyway any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking at making a decision within the next week so make sure you express any concerns etc.

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
Invision.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Invision

R

Rajah

vBulletin.

I'm active on a few wrestling sites and vBulletin is a lot better in my view. I'm admin at a Invision Site and a vBulletin site and from an Admin point of view, vBulletin is much better. The set out is better and easier to use. The skins are no problems cause you can easily update those. The links you gave look like they show the default skin, same as this one basically. Invision skins are easier to update though. You can get updates at plenty of sites for free, where as vBulletin can cost. I have a small forum which I use just to host pics, I uploaded a Windows XP skin for nothing from another site. It looks good enough for me.
I'm basing my vote on the actual workings of the forums, not what they look like.
Another thing, it doesn't really matter what forum layout you use, you need to have a server that can handle the traffic. You guys seem ok for now. I've never had any hassles logging on and have experienced no difficulties. The vBulletin site I Admin has nearly 60,000 members, and they have a big server, similar to the one Google uses, but it costs a lot of money, so they have pop-up ads to recoup costs.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
vbuliten, looks more profesional, just what we are looking for

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
vBulletin- More functional for all users including Admin

Not to mention a better layout imo.

Jake

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VPII Calais
I reckon vBulletin is definately a better choice if your after the site to look more professional, but Invision is probably a better layout for its simplicity if you want to attract new time forum users.

Would love to see Justcommodores running vBulletin. So long as it maintained its awesome speed and reliability.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
this works fine for me at the moment but a change is like a holiday sometimes do what you have to do but dont lose the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.