Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

found a vn manual, how much is it worth

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think a good VN will go for about $3500 here in country Victoria at the moment, VP's can be had for $4,000 VS's are $6500-$7000. But you can also get $1000 unreg worn out VN's if you want. Everythings much cheaper in a big city where people have more money, cheaper food, cheaper petrol and newer cars! but I can't go to Melbourne without getting red eyes, peeled lips a headache and just feeling bad because I'm not used to the pollution so I'd rather be here even if everything costs more :)

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
If I was looking to buy a car off someone and the guy ripped a burnout in front of me there is no way I'd pay for it! Even if you're just after the tranny (?), I still wouldn't do it, because its obviously had a tough life. I'd pay a few hundred max.. just my opinion

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
Clutch shudder is usually a sign of wear. If the dude is pulling burnouts to prospective buyers, he is surely a complete tosser! The clutch is buggered! I also live in 'NOWHERE", & i wouldn't pay more than $500. If u only want the gearbox, $300

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
ok well everyone here thinks totally different prices, but u all gotta remember. wen ur buying a car private, u may only pay say 300 as someone said, but if thats ur max, ull never buy a car, even 600 u have low odds of ever finding someone willing to give up a manual gearbox in a whole car for under 600.

but anyway i offered him $1000 and as a manual kit is 1200, well loweest i can find even in melb. so i thought its a good prices, well he claims that someone is looking at it and is offering $1500 :whistling yeah right :yeah:
so no one will pay that much other then rubber necks richies willing to throw money away at people. so ill wait, im sure he was lying about another buyer other wise y hasnt it sold.. ???? wen he finnaly rings back, if he does maybe itll take a few weeks. ill just say ok ill give u 800 now since u took so long... maybe give him 100

only time will tell

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
By your description sounds like the clutch or rear seal needs replacing (one or the other or both). The manual kit for $1200, is this a box, pedals clutch etc from a wrecker?
Of course if you bought this car you could sell parts and your auto box and make the money back, maybe it's just in Perth, but I would be looking at $500 maximum as it comes with a guarantee of being thrashed and is not 100% in the part you want it for.
Is this the average sort of price for unlic VNs where you are? We must be lucky here in WA.

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
VN-88 said:
ok well everyone here thinks totally different prices, but u all gotta remember. wen ur buying a car private, u may only pay say 300 as someone said, but if thats ur max, ull never buy a car, even 600 u have low odds of ever finding someone willing to give up a manual gearbox in a whole car for under 600.

but anyway i offered him $1000 and as a manual kit is 1200, well loweest i can find even in melb. so i thought its a good prices, well he claims that someone is looking at it and is offering $1500 :whistling yeah right :yeah:
so no one will pay that much other then rubber necks richies willing to throw money away at people. so ill wait, im sure he was lying about another buyer other wise y hasnt it sold.. ???? wen he finnaly rings back, if he does maybe itll take a few weeks. ill just say ok ill give u 800 now since u took so long... maybe give him 100

only time will tell

he may well be telling the truth :)
i live in country tassie,and people WILL travel to look at what you have down here,sure they will try to knock you down,it's natural,we all do it.thats about the maximum going price for a 5 speed VN,the lowest priced 5 speed VN i have seen was $1750......it was an absolute crud machine,looked like it had been painted with enamel paint from one of the $2.00 shops,from what i gather,he got around the $1500 for it,and who ever bought it,may have wrecked it as i haven't seen it around anymore.
any hows best of luck,hope you get it at bargain price,as he seems to be a bit of a Loser :),snapping a burnout in front of you,with the car he plans to sell

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
I thought the capital cities were the best & cheapest place to buy cheap cars? What about the trading post? We have a little trader mag here which is free to advertise it. It costs $3 to buy. Comes out f/nightly. I regularly see damaged & unreg Vn's for under the grand.Mostly they are autos, but a few manuals too!AlwaYS GOOD FOR A FEW BARGAINS.

iwishmyVNwouldstart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series III & Honda VTR250
mate im sorry, but i wouldnt touch it. if he floggs it anything like he did when he took you for a drive, the gear box and clutch WILL BE TOTALLY ****ED. not to mention the mainshaft would be starting to have problems more than likely. from what ive heard from a mate that rebiulds a lot of cars, your best bet would be to try and buy a roconditioned second hand gearbox for around 400 to 600. i know this still leaves the problem of a new clutch, mainshaft and flywheel. but dont you atleast want a vague idea of the condition of the parts that you spend your hard earned cash on? unless of coarse you can refurbish the parts youself. if youve got your heart set on it, have a closer look at the engine, and find all the other things wrong with it (which there will be) and try and talk him down even more.
good luck mate

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
Hi Mate...How'd you go sourcing a manual set up?