Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Found out the difference in dual outlet mufflers!

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
I have a 2007 Ve Calais V V6 and it has the two single outlet pipes, i liked the look of the dual both sides so i bought a pair of mufflers off a V8 and put them on. Sounded a bit deeper but terrible drone around 80klm/h. All i was after was the quad pipe look and no change in sound. Anyway, i took the mufflers off and resold them on Ebay and purchased another pair that have the "Y" pipe ( single splitting into 2 pipes) coming out of the muffler instead of the 2 single pipes coming out of each mufflers as was the case with the first pair i put on. I now have achieved the look i want with no difference in sound and NO drone at all so if anyone wants the quad pipe look with no sound difference make sure you buy a pair of mufflers with 1 pipe splitting into a "Y" at the rear of the muffler.
Cheers Men and ladies.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
The one pipe out out of the muffler into a Y for 2 tips are still V8 mufflers, off the autos with AFM. The ones that have 2 outlets are dual baffled for the manuals, the ones you have now are triple baffled for AFM models.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Well there you go!