Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Friggin Phone

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I have to disagree on the Nokia ftw. Ive had my n73 for just over a year now and its totally ****ed. Random drop outs, turns itself off randomly, changes the ringtone when it wants, turns itself off when it wants and i could go on. And my previous phone to this a 6280 was much the same. I will never buy another nokia

you bothered to upgrade the firmware? n73 ftw

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
I got a 3250 its been perfect for 18months, had a few pegs agaist the wall in angered moments, n all that has happened is the frame around the keys has a split but still holds in spot.

Ive not yet killed a nokia, ive had about 5 so far all still work.

But yeah any other phone ive had has died.

Me partner has one of those nokia slide phones, that crap has a loose speaker wire n cuts in n out, n battery is crap.

But all hte onse ive had have been sweet

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got a 3250 its been perfect for 18months, had a few pegs agaist the wall in angered moments, n all that has happened is the frame around the keys has a split but still holds in spot.

Ive not yet killed a nokia, ive had about 5 so far all still work.

But yeah any other phone ive had has died.

Me partner has one of those nokia slide phones, that crap has a loose speaker wire n cuts in n out, n battery is crap.

But all hte onse ive had have been sweet

all of nokias slide phones seem to suck and feel really cheap. very happy with my nokia. few problems in the past, but updates seem to make it better

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yeah all the models of those slides seem to suck big time n just die quick.

Wonder what phone manufacturer has the most phones die with-in 6mths, id have dibs on motorola from lookin around at how many ppl have dead hiptops n razors

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
you bothered to upgrade the firmware? n73 ftw

Where is it and how do i do it? If its made yours better it cant possible make mine worse than it is. How does 10 mins to send a message sound lol

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Where is it and how do i do it? If its made yours better it cant possible make mine worse than it is. How does 10 mins to send a message sound lol

hmmm maybe your memory is full or something. you saving things onto the memory card instead of the phone?
if youve installed the software that came with your phone, it should be in the start menu in a folder called nokia software updater. instructions are easy to follow, but make sure you do not unplug or interrupt the phone while updating, or it could be screwed. make sure you back up all your settings to the memory card to in the tools section on your phone. need any help let me know

holden_chik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 S1
Sorry, I had to laugh at your post because I'm glad I'm not alone. I have a motorola- well should I say I HAD a motorola until a few days ago I put it in the washing machine too :cry: .. glad I'm not the only one though!

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
yeah i did the upgrade for my n73, sped it up heaps.

Nokia - Download - Device software update

be careful when updating it though, like make sure its charged and its not gonna switch off or let the usb cable loose, other than that its very easy,

noticed your in Brisbane, theres a nokia care centre up in aspley, opposite mcdonalds on gympie road, take it down there if you're not too sure.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Thanks for the advice. Yea everything gets saved to my mem card. but i think im gonna have trouble updating the firmware cause the use connection is a little corroded so it randomly cuts out which im guessing would be bad. so you say the nokia care centre. could they possible update it for me?

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Sorry, I had to laugh at your post because I'm glad I'm not alone. I have a motorola- well should I say I HAD a motorola until a few days ago I put it in the washing machine too :cry: .. glad I'm not the only one though!

ah. the washing machine is a favourite of mine for phones. lost a 3200 and an ancient 3210 in the wash. i also used a 3315 as a sinker once when i was fishing. caught nothing tho