Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Froggz' S15 Silvia Spec R Import.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
That is true, but then again s-chassis are hella easy to control
Can't be worse than 400rwhp hitting suddenly at 6k revs with a 35R haha

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
As if you would buy an s chassis if you were worried about wheel spin ;)

One of the coolant pipes that goes to my turbo is leaking :/
so have to find a new pipe might get a braided line.

Found my exhaust leak as well, two nuts have rattled off wear the dump pipe connects to the turbo.
and its not the easy pipe to get to :'( (little one on the side you can see the copper washer)

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Don't waste your time with replacement hard lines. Braided turbo lines are an investment in installation time/ease and sanity.

Common replacements are Earl's line which you can get from GKtech or Midnight Mods for about $190. Earl's are made in the US I believe and are quite good.

I've had friends that have had quite good quality ebay lines turn up, but I can't remember the seller. Might have been a kando/kinugawa product.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah them dump pipes like to do that, mine was the same. Like Ari recommended to me make sure you get the lock tabs. You can find them on Taarks.com I think.
And you're lucky it wasn't the turbo line that goes behind the engine, my hose had split back there

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You can find them on Taarks.com I think.

Taarks, easily the best place to buy genuine Nissan bits from in Australia. Buy a bunch of stuff at at the same time though, postage kills it slightly.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Where'd you get them from and how much if you don't mind me asking? I will probably look at investing in some in the near future.

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
I just went with some ebay specials so will monitor over the next few weeks, only cost about $80 inc postage fit them up today fixed all my exhaust leaks, (major one was from manifold to turbo was about 5mm play) , checked all the turbo fins and shaft and was very minimal play and no pitting or anything so happy about that, If i upgrade to a bigger turbo down the track I will spend a bit more on some better ones.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Be nice to see them fitted if you can the next day. For some reason I was fine for two days after my 21st then the rest of the week felt like absolute crap