Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

From 1991 and into 2004

S

Spiral

Hi,
yes that's right... I'm new (so be gentle). I've been a long time Commodore fan but have no real mechanical abilities which might be useful to any of you. ~LOL~

I am currently in the process of trading in my 91 VN LE for a brand spanking new SV6! I have a suspicion that it's going to be a very similar comparison as one might feel if they were to step into a Ferrari after driving a Datsun!

The only mods I am looking at getting done to this vehicle is replacing the factory CD player with a JVC mp3 player and sliding a couple of subs into the boot... other than that I'm not touching a thing! and really, why would I, it's as close to the perfect car as I could ever hope to get.
;)

Cheers.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Welcome....im so jelous lol.....i want a SV6 *sigh* next car

stretch

Just Commodores Shop
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Saloon Car
Welcome. Hope you like it in here. Post some pics of your car when you get it.

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Nice one ;)
I know you said you weren't gonna change anything, but I reckon do the exhaust at least..get it breathing right ;)

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Mmmm id go a new SV6 myself....i might leave it a few years :D
do the exhaust too even if you muffle it so it sounds standard i myself couldnt drive a VY/VZ around that i owned that had an exhaust....seems wrong to me

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
I'm with Gobbles & Pimpin on this one.

Ya just gotta have a nice exhaust.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
thats what we all say..... "i wont do any other mods" but you'll get the mod bug......

S

Spiral

Not really what I expected...but it's all good

Well it has turned out that the VZ was a touch above what the bank would give me... but as luck has it I found a 2002 VY S series in the right price brack, although I am now posting on the wrong forum. ~LMAO~.

One (fanatical) owner, quick-silver finish (immaculate), the driving lights have been fitted by the dealership and everything looks like it's a brand new car. You'd be hard up telling it was a second hand vehicle just by looking at it unless you're a die hard commodore fan and let's face it, everyone should be!

With only 26,000 km on the clock I'd be a fool not to do everything in my power to get this vehicle in my garage. Of course pictures will follow and I'm sure if you look close enough you'll see the fresh drool on the bonet!

Thanks for those giving welcomes... you all seem like a friendly bunch. (informative as well)

Cheers,
Spiral

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Good to hear....shame bout the VZ though the VY woulda been around 28 grand? what model VZ were you looking at getting? Good to see pics mate (Y)

S

Spiral

I was going to get the SV6 S... unfortunately that fallen through. Once I pick the VY up though... I'll be taking snaps of everything. It's a good thing you people like to look at cars! ~LOL~

Should be about a week or two before everything is sorted and I'm in the drivers seat!

Cheers.