Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front door squeaking on 88 VL Exec

stander

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
G'day

I've done a search of the threads but can't find any links to this; front passenger door squeaking badly, tried WD40 around the hinge, arm no good. Was thinking grease maybe, not sure where to grease up. Any ideas appreciated.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
use a good lube, such as INOX.. or more wd40 move the door back and forth and spray it be generous and get in in there.. try all moving parts... spray it in small gaps on the hinges not on the outside of it.

not rocket science

stander

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Thanks- will give it another crack

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
If it keeps squeaking, try using a lube that says it has good penetration, but yeah, my first thought without even reading this thread was Innox or WD-40 but since you tried that, look for a deep penetration one, or as a last resort, use some grease if you want to get messy. Shouldn't keep going with WD-40/Innox though as my ute's doors used to squeak all the time [It's an 83 Courier, been sitting in a paddock for 10 years before I bought it] and I used a **** load of good penetrating spray and it sorted it after I open and closed the doors about 50 times.

Oh yeah, I keep saying penetration cos I have sex on the mind. Sorry.

Just don't mistake it for this:

300.jpg

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
G'day

I've done a search of the threads but can't find any links to this; front passenger door squeaking badly, tried WD40 around the hinge, arm no good. Was thinking grease maybe, not sure where to grease up. Any ideas appreciated.
If you want to do it properly, there is a flat plate about 12mm wide x 3mm thick which goes through a rubber grummet into the door. It actually stops the door flying open.
Remove the grummet and use an oil can to oil the plate all the way into the door making sure you get oil on the top and bottom of the plate and plenty of it and keep working the door open and close until the noise stops.
Once you have done one door, you will probably do the rest.
You will find it will make the door sooooo much easier to open and close.
You can use grease instead of oil if you want.

Last edited: