Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front door wont unlock please help asap

stumps5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Hi everyone,

My vq was recently stolen, however i got it back and am in the process of restoring it to its former beauty. The front door handle on the drivers side was wrecked for the bastards to get in. After some panel beating i got the door back together and the lock mechanism functioning. I shut the door to test the lock and the door stayed locked. I removed the top half of the door trim to find that the window had unplugged the harness from the bottom of the central locking so i plugged that back in. Now all the doors can be unlocked with the key or the lock pin inside the drivers door. However the drivers door will not open. I belive it is either stuck on dead lock or something is jamed in the mechanism. Ive reset the bcm ive tried everything i cannot get the door to open. Please help with any ideas or suggestions. Thanks

Stumps

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
Hi everyone,

My vq was recently stolen, however i got it back and am in the process of restoring it to its former beauty. The front door handle on the drivers side was wrecked for the bastards to get in. After some panel beating i got the door back together and the lock mechanism functioning. I shut the door to test the lock and the door stayed locked. I removed the top half of the door trim to find that the window had unplugged the harness from the bottom of the central locking so i plugged that back in. Now all the doors can be unlocked with the key or the lock pin inside the drivers door. However the drivers door will not open. I belive it is either stuck on dead lock or something is jamed in the mechanism. Ive reset the bcm ive tried everything i cannot get the door to open. Please help with any ideas or suggestions. Thanks

Stumps

first of all, you NEVER close the door to test a lock, you use a screwdriver initially to lock it then see if it will unlock or open with the handle. if it doesnt, its makes it easier to fix as youve got hte door open and dont have to break anything to open it.