Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front end bottoms out somewhere

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
I have a VE ute with coilovers and 20” VE GTS rims, and really happy how the car sits (and no, don’t want to wind the coilovers back up :)). The car seems to bottom out on something on very slow sudden dips when reversing out of my drive way or when the car dips under hard braking.
Just wondering if anyone has lowered their VE too much with 20“+ rims, and have the front end of their car bottom out somewhere. Mainly just want to know where it hits – like inner guard, plastic panel that can be trimmed etc.
Or maybe someone could suggest what a good way is to identify where it hits… like was thinking of spraying something safe around the inside front wheels arch, then go replicate the issue to see if it has marked anywhere? No sure.
Any ideas much appreciated.
Cheers

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
have you tried putting it up on ramps or jacking it up and looking for scrape marks or anything ... thats how i know where mine hits ... but i cant help you with the front the back is where it hits on mine

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
have you tried putting it up on ramps or jacking it up and looking for scrape marks or anything ... thats how i know where mine hits ... but i cant help you with the front the back is where it hits on mine

Yeah, had a quick look a few months ago with nothing obvious, but the light wasn't too good at the time. Might do some hard breaking when the weathers good before taking a wheel off and checking it out properly.
If anyone else has had this issue and knows where to be looking, feel free to let me know.
Cheers