Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front park assist

KeithM2576

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 V VE Calais Sedan, 5sp Auto
Question regarding park assist.
I have 2007 V VE Calais with rear park assist only. Due to damage I am looking at replacing the front bumper. If I get a replacement bumper with front park assist sensors can they be connected and will they work via the display console like the rear ones do? IE is the wiring in-place on all models?

Nickhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE (i think)
just put a kill switch between the rear and front sensor :D

i joke because i am trying to get used to the shorter nose on my car when parking. i find myself three feet from the curb in front of me when i park ROFL

KeithM2576

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 V VE Calais Sedan, 5sp Auto
Funny you should say that.
I'm not used to such a big car, I have been driving small Japanese cars for years then a short stint (5 months) in a large car beginning with "F" then about 4 weeks ago I bought the Calais.
Surprisingly I am finding parallel parking very easy (dipping rear view mirror helps), but like you, I find myself 3 feet away at the front.
Reverse parking, even with the park assist (set for the tow bar), I am still a couple fo feet off, getting better though.
Just thought that if I am replacing the bar and sensors can be added, why not?

Nickhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE (i think)
may as well if doable and affordable :D

i am simply going from a 98 commodore to a 2011 and its doing my head in... that said I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY SV6