Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] FS...Bosch Super 4 Spark Plugs

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
find out anything on vy?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
find out anything on vy?

I just had a lok, cause I was curious why they would suit a VT, but not a VX.

From what I can tell, all V6 3.8L Plugs are the same VN-VT, and all V8 5.0L plugs are the same VN-VT, at VX(and for VY) the V6 now uses the earlier V8 5.0L Plug.

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/downloads/BOSCH_Spark_WEB.pdf
Pages 66-67 explains it, note the Bosch Super 4's are not listed as they are a discontinued plug as far as Im aware, I just worked it out looking at the part numbers from all the other plugs.

EDIT: http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/downloads/sparkplugs_passenger_(2).pdf - Has the Super 4 listed, but not for anything after VT, seems the plug changed at VX and they recommend a V8 super 4 for VX, but nothing for VY.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
yer, from what I'm told its the gap that is different and something to do with heat.......I'm still waiting to hear back from bosch as well

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
ok, just spoke with bosch again.........they r saying the VY plugs have a high heat range...u could use these, but the spark life may not be as long, so instead of expecting 100,00km u may just get 70-80,000km before needing to replace them......
so in the end it has to be up to the buyers if they wish to try these or not....bosch won't take any responsibility and if used in anything other than VN-VT V6 the warranty will be void

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
the Bosch super 4 plugs have a silver plated center electrode and 4 ground electrodes.....the Ngk Iridium plugs have a iridium center electrode and a single ground electrode

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
the Bosch super 4 plugs have a silver plated center electrode and 4 ground electrodes.....the Ngk Iridium plugs have a iridium center electrode and a single ground electrode

ahhh thanks for that mate im guessing that means the bosch are better

btw can you get them from like supercheap or autobarn/repco type places?

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
not these particular ones, as bosch don't make them anymore, and at $30 +$8 postage Aust wide they are more than 3 times cheaper than anything equivalent on the market