Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel consumption/kms per tank - ve v8

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Common, modern little cars with the high roof lines they have can easily fit a larger driver in them than at least any Commodore up to a VZ, maybe the VE also. As for the trailer well... I haven't seen a VE towing one yet but if it was a big trailer fair enough :). Not many people have more than 3 kids either

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
Its not the roofline mate its the leg room, Im 6`4 with fairly stuffed knees, one kid and a mrs that likes to pack everything!
I looked at a few smaller sporty cars and the leg room is a joke. Even the bigger jap cars are bad.
Is one of the main reasons i went the VE over the Ford also.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
It all sounds rather nice 10l/100 untill you drive a little 4 cyl that's better around corners and makes 5.2l/100 :p then you really have to stop and think is 10l/100 any good at all

yeah and those little buz boxes have engines more than less than half the size..... actually about 1/3 the size for half the economy. I know what i prefer to drive ;)

As for cornering, it would only be marginal. I'll chase any fart box through "10 mile" and i'll bet my left nut they don't get away from me.

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Common, modern little cars with the high roof lines they have can easily fit a larger driver in them than at least any Commodore up to a VZ, maybe the VE also. As for the trailer well... I haven't seen a VE towing one yet but if it was a big trailer fair enough :). Not many people have more than 3 kids either

Ok, Ok, yes they make 4cyl cars to accomodate 2 adults and 2 kids, and yes they can pull trailers of some sort ... after all, a Honda Accord Euro puts out as much power as a VL 5l ... but there is that other thing .... WE DON'T WANT TO DRIVE 4CYL's ... THATS WHY WE BOUGHT 6L V8'S.

The car you drive is all about your priorities. For some it's "something to get me from A to B" (those people have no soul), then there's the "I want something comfortable and reliable", then there's "I want something economical" ... then there's us "Size DOES matter".

We are passionate about our cars, and where I come from V8s still rule the road, and fuel consumption is a small price to pay for massive driving pleasure.

I live by a simple rule ... "if you can't drive it, drink it, or root it, then shoot it!!!!"

End of thought!

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
I live by a simple rule ... "if you can't drive it, drink it, or root it, then shoot it!!!!"

End of thought!

i like that.. should at piss on it and walk away baha

but to the point

my folks ve r8 does 10-11l per 100ks open road after d&t did a air hammer CAI an cat back exhaust