Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Consumption

mainpath

Reaction score
Website
www.applecollector.com
Members Ride
04 VZ Exec, HX Kingswood, VB Comm
Have you had a tune Mainpath? Those are awesome figures!!!
:thumbsup:

No i haven't actually.

I was considering taking it to one though, but I guess that may not be needed :D

I do have a secret though, I always get my petrol @ the same place, near to where I live.
It's just something about the quality of fuel they have, In the area I live doesn't matter what petrol station I go to (shell, mobile , independent) or what type of fuel I get, it just somehow seems to burn up a lot quicker then this particular
station and they are also cheaper during the monday / tuesday period compared to other stations in the area.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
In the city (Sydney) Eastern Suburbs I get around anywhere between 9/100km to 15L/100km depending on driving style, however i normally get 12-14L/100KM.

Highway driving with Cruse (straight road) I get anywhere between 5.5L/100Km without air con and with i get roughly 6-7.5L/100KM with AC on (1 or 2).

I mean this is also hard to tell because Australia is such a diverse landscape, mountains and all you would obviously be using more.

* Highway driving @ 100km hr (P's)
* City Avg speed last time I checked was around the 40km mark.

I imagine, thats on a very long drive! Cause driving on the motorways in sydney WHEN there's light traffic, i find those figures hard to beliveve.:whistling

I cant even get that & mine is a 6spd.

Yeah at 12.5/100 my average speed is only 35km/h. Im guessing if my average speed was 46km/h i would be in the low 11's.

Same here, Paul.

mainpath

Reaction score
Website
www.applecollector.com
Members Ride
04 VZ Exec, HX Kingswood, VB Comm
I imagine, thats on a very long drive! Cause driving on the motorways in sydney WHEN there's light traffic, i find those figures hard to beliveve.:whistling

I cant even get that & mine is a 6spd.

Same here, Paul.

Paul yes thats long highway driving, however the city figures is what I do get.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Still very good though. lowest ive got is 7.3 & that was down to Canberra. Avg for whole trip there n back was 7.8.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Ok ive noticed my exhaust has alot of black soot compared to a mates SV6. Im starting to think my oxy sensors are on the way out causing the car to run rich and it is also running like a pig compared to a few months ago. Anyone know how much it would cost to have all 4 sensors replaced?

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
I went to Powercruise last weekend and did a fuel consumption run in my totally stock 2004 VZ Calais Automatic 190kw Alloytec V6. I sat on 115km/h on the open road and had to go through a couple of suburbs and some traffic once hitting the city. I was using normal throttle off the lights and overtook cars as necessary in a normal fashion.

Picture is below of my figures as per the computer. Upon filling up, it was revealed that I actually used 1 litre less than the computer readout. This is a common trend I have notice since I have had the car. At every fill up, the computer is always reading slightly more fuel usage than the bowser (only by a litre or so).

Going by the figures on my dash I got: 12.53 kms/ltr or 7.98 lts/100kms or 35.41 mpg

Or going my the bowser readout (1 litre less used): 12.83 kms/ltr or 7.79 lts/100kms or 36.25 mpg

So I would say that sitting on 115km/h and driving normally from lights and doing this in my Luxury 6 cylinder 190kw Calais and getting 7.79 lts/100km or over 36 mpg is fantastic.

32zo189.jpg

scruffy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec
Hi All,
This has been an interesting thread I must admit and it's now time for me to add my two bob.The old man found me a VZ (04) exec with 73000ks the other month and drove it from VIC to QLD and averaged 8.1/100, I then gave him my old VS(96) acclaim with 270000k's(motor that had been cooked), he then drove the VS back to VIC and averaged 7.2/100. Even though the VS was good on the long trip,it wasn't too good around town,I was lucky to get 450ks to the tank.

toey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I saw an ad recently for Holden saying it could go from Sydney to Melbourne on one tank, and the distance was 900km. It looked like BS to me, but maybe it's a real possibility given some of the info here?

I have to drive from Sydney to Lismore in a week or so, not sure whether I can get there on one tank...