Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel consumption

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
My vx gen3 wagon is drinking fuel all of a sudden. Had a few faults so changed out map sensor and O2 sensors so no more check engine light but I used to get around 12-13 ltrs per 100km but in the last 2 months it has increased to 21+ per 100km I reset the trip etc after the sensor change hoping it would sort its self out but it hasnt any ideas welcome

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
what brand 02 sensors did you use? is the exhaust black & sooty? they could be shot already, also take them out and shake them if it rattles the porcelain tip has broken and its stuffed this has happened to me with a reputable brand.

good brands
Bosch.
AC delco.
NTK (NGK).
Borg warner.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
My vx gen3 wagon is drinking fuel all of a sudden. Had a few faults so changed out map sensor and O2 sensors so no more check engine light but I used to get around 12-13 ltrs per 100km but in the last 2 months it has increased to 21+ per 100km I reset the trip etc after the sensor change hoping it would sort its self out but it hasnt any ideas welcome

Holy crap if my VX wagon did this I'd **** myself. I'm in the camp of one of the changes sensors is faulty. Have you got the old ones?

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
How are you working out the litres per 100km, via the dash or by filling and calculating the amount used against the km travelled, my VX SS needs the O2 sensors changed, we checked them out on the last service and one was showing that it was a bit slow in reacting to changing throttle positions, even so it still gets around 10L/100km on the highway but it is a bit thirsty around town probably around the 17/18L/100km mark, even when the car was brand new it was always in the mid teens around town, if you drive in stop start traffic or lots of short trips they are not very good fuel wise around town.