Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel filter

topcat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Commodore
I busted a clip (tank to filter) in my VY, I put it down to the age of the clip, not the mechanic.....anyway, Holden quoted $315.30 to change the entire fuel line, which the clip is attached to. Rang up ENZED for an alloy L fuel line connector, picked up 3 clamps and a foot of fuel line, re-engineered it and hey presto works a treat. Cost about 30 bucks. I'm going to do the same to the other side so I never have to worry about those silly clips ever again......My view is even if you fork out the money for the tool, the clips are plastic and if they go, you are screwed......

Mind you, getting into this sight MAY have saved teh clip in teh first place......

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Those clips really are a nasty cheap piece of work. My last attempt to replace the filter resulted in both clips being screwed and it took the guys at Ultratune about 20 minutes to finally get one to release. The new filter went on, but it's almost time for replacement again. I think I'll go in prepared to replace the filter and the clips. The fuel line from the filter to the engine is only about $23 trade, but would be a bitch to replace, and the smaller rubber pipe to the tank is about $12 trade. Somehow, I like topcat's suggestion - get rid of the damned things altogether and use the earlier VN type filter with small connector hoses and clips.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I busted a clip (tank to filter) in my VY, I put it down to the age of the clip, not the mechanic.....anyway, Holden quoted $315.30 to change the entire fuel line, which the clip is attached to. Rang up ENZED for an alloy L fuel line connector, picked up 3 clamps and a foot of fuel line, re-engineered it and hey presto works a treat. Cost about 30 bucks. I'm going to do the same to the other side so I never have to worry about those silly clips ever again......My view is even if you fork out the money for the tool, the clips are plastic and if they go, you are screwed......

Mind you, getting into this sight MAY have saved teh clip in teh first place......

Can you post a web link to these connectors or a picture and also a pic as fitted to your car?

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I did a fuel filter in a mates VT a few months ago. The connectors can get dirt in them which makes them hard to get off, if need be give them a spray with WD40 to loosen that or better still some compressed air. I go his clips undone and the filter replaced in less than 5 minutes

Boldtoutoftheblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive Red
Hi there, I was trying to replace my fuel filter today but when I was trying to take it off the T section broke where the line comes from the engine and connects to the T section was just wounding if you can just buy the T section or do I have to buy a new fuel line?

topcat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Commodore
I took a pic but can't work out how to paste it into this forum......

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Hi there, I was trying to replace my fuel filter today but when I was trying to take it off the T section broke where the line comes from the engine and connects to the T section was just wounding if you can just buy the T section or do I have to buy a new fuel line?

you have to replace the line, cant buy the clip unfortunately

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
when u go to write a post, click on advanced on the bottom, then in the manage attachments, choose, upload and attach it.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
I changed the fuel filter the other day took me an hour or so to remove.
A real pain in the butt.
Holden could of designed something more easier.

topcat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Commodore
ok, here is the bit I purchased from ENZED. Can't finnd a company web page with a pic in it, and have not been able to get a pic of it installed, been on holidays etc. But its not hard to imagine. Works a treat, dont notice the difference, and next time the filter needs changing, I won't be worried at all about busting anything. Estimated time for replacement of filter with this connected would be under 10 mins.

I should have said its 5/16th size.

Attachments

• fuel line connector.jpg
    fuel line connector.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 633