Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector reco

stander

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Hello

Any thoughts on the following;

My standard white 1988 auto VL RB30 is cruising very well (driven about once a week 220K), however I've been told one of the injectors is leaking, third from the front, and I should get all six reconditioned. The rough price given is about 80 bucks an injector. Should I go with geting the the whole lot done (my choice but missus not happy) or only do the one leaking?
Is about $500 a decent price? The other query is, the VL idles very well sitting at lights, but after 2 or 3 minutes I notice one or two slight bumps in the idle. Would this be related to the leaking fuel injector? Its serviced every six months.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
slight bump here and there could be a few things man,,, could be just a small miss... plug/lead/dizzy contact etc etc,,

yeah man try ebay or replace as needed. mate i got 12 N/A Injectors lying about(All pintles intact). if ur keen shoot me a PM and we could work something out.

When it comes to cars who cares what the missus thinks... what all us blokes think when they get home with $200 pair shoes or Bag....?

stander

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
slight bump here and there could be a few things man,,, could be just a small miss... plug/lead/dizzy contact etc etc,,

yeah man try ebay or replace as needed. mate i got 12 N/A Injectors lying about(All pintles intact). if ur keen shoot me a PM and we could work something out.

When it comes to cars who cares what the missus thinks... what all us blokes think when they get home with $200 pair shoes or Bag....?

Thanks for the advice man, I've never done ebay but they're asking $240 at the minute in Bayswater which is just up the road which sounds good. Yep, it's only an occassional small miss, when I get the new e-bay injectors we'll see how it goes. Regards the missus, out of credits atm.

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Just helped a mate put a reco kit through his injectors, as 3 of his were leaking out of the large o ring seal.

The kit cost about $60 plus a couple of hours work and it was all done.

A good idea while the fuel rail is off is to replace the hoses leading from the rail to the injectors themselves. Costs almost nothing and you wont have to worry about the hoses hardening/cracking and leaking for a while after.

leon1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Just helped a mate put a reco kit through his injectors, as 3 of his were leaking out of the large o ring seal.

The kit cost about $60 plus a couple of hours work and it was all done.

A good idea while the fuel rail is off is to replace the hoses leading from the rail to the injectors themselves. Costs almost nothing and you wont have to worry about the hoses hardening/cracking and leaking for a while after.

How do you get the injector apart to do it