Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Injectors Stuck Inside Rail Ve 2010

Kraken

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Commodore VE SV6 3.6L Auto
Hey guys, having issues removing fuel injector & rail from ve 2010. The 3 fuel injectors are stuck inside the rail, O-rings are probably melted and glued to the metal. Ive been at it for 2 days its doing my head in. Theres no clearance to take them all out at once, I cannot remove the rail as they are stuck. Ive tried to pry them off with a flathead screwdriver, hammer them all kinds of garbage.
On both left & right side, same thing cannot pull just the fuel rail out as both rail and injector are stuck.
Nothing is working, want to drive this car off the harbour bridge. Thanks

Kraken

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Commodore VE SV6 3.6L Auto
SOLVED. Used a flat head and rubber mallet to chip into the injectors and pry them off. Rubber o rings were cracked and stuck on really bad. Dig the screwdriver into the black plastic and hammer away. You will need to buy new injectors unfortunately if the issue is as severe as what I’ve had.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Save damaging the injectors,

I used WD40 and soaked the area down the side of the injector to the o-ring/seal, and had to use a bit of force by pulling them out with pliers (with a cloth protecting them while in the jaws of the pliers),
but got them out eventually,
And also found the o-rings/seals perished.
Cleaned the injectors, Replaced the o-ring/seals and refitted them with a film of grease on the seal.

Last edited: