Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel leak on my 125

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Hey guys

Just bought a little 125 off my mate for cheap to use as a bit of a paddock basher. I goes alright for what it is but it has a bit of a fuel leak.

FC4B7675-9CA8-40A5-A7CD-2FEBCB80E36A_zpsizhjaarg.jpg

It's comming out of that bit under the carby. Not sure what that actually is but I'm guessing it's to drain the fuel. I tried turning the screw and I'm out of ideas haha.

F2AAA772-4B52-4D44-A46F-C1314409ADB4_zpsjteokcjg.jpg

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Take the screw right out and check to see if it has an o ring on it that has cracked, which will let it leak

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
its also the overflow tube for the bowl on a lot of carbs the needle and seat might be full of crud ..pull the bowl off and clean it all out see if its full of grit or corosion would be a good start

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alright so I pulled the carb apart. It's an overflow thing like you said delco. The screw is just a drain screw. It all looks pretty clean in there. So the carby must be flooding out somehow.

FC0F7AC3-85EB-46CF-9B4B-D8006CFA9EF4_zpshqatmvzi.jpg

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
It looks like there is a bit of crud in there. Take the float off so you can check the needle and seat. It only takes a tiny bit of dirt to make the needle and seat leak. Sometimes the float can get a crack in it or become porous so it sinks instead of floating which will also stop the needle and seat closing. You might have to alter the float level too by bending the little tab that pushes on the needle.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah thanks tree cutter it was the float. Don't know weather it was crap in it or something but I put it back together and it seems like it's all good now :)

E1A7BACF-E378-42C2-BBB4-AB209C7A7CB0_zps3ayhvzso.jpg

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Those engines are really good once the jetting is properly sorted, they're a copy of a honda, and a pretty good copy at that.

Btw, Grab the rear wheel and try and move it side to side and check the subframe for cracks. They're a good stepping stone to a jap bike though, and great if you just want to have a bit of fun now and then

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Those engines are really good once the jetting is properly sorted, they're a copy of a honda, and a pretty good copy at that.

Btw, Grab the rear wheel and try and move it side to side and check the subframe for cracks. They're a good stepping stone to a jap bike though, and great if you just want to have a bit of fun now and then

So does that mean if something breaks on the motor I should be able to use Honda parts?

Yeah it's just a bit of a paddock basher. I pretty much just skid around until I fall off it Lol. It goes pretty good though. Took it out for a sneaky run up the street and had it going full noise. We'll worth it for the 250 I gave my mate. It's fun :D

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Most parts aren't interchangeable afaik, but a few years ago there were big arguments and speculation of lifan producing exact copies of the honda motors. A lot of them even share the same mounting points as the Hondas so you could bolt the Chinese motors into certain Hondas like the xr/crf 50/70 and the xr200 as well as all of the older postie bikes. Ducar is another brand as well, but I think they're pretty much the same as lifan.

Parts are cheap as, 140 big bore kits cost next to nothing on ebay and they're easy as to rebuild too :p

Buuuuuut nothing really beats a 2 stroke. Once you ride one, you'll be hooked and you'll be off to buy one... Or two... Ask me how I know :p

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Most parts aren't interchangeable afaik, but a few years ago there were big arguments and speculation of lifan producing exact copies of the honda motors. A lot of them even share the same mounting points as the Hondas so you could bolt the Chinese motors into certain Hondas like the xr/crf 50/70 and the xr200 as well as all of the older postie bikes. Ducar is another brand as well, but I think they're pretty much the same as lifan.

Parts are cheap as, 140 big bore kits cost next to nothing on ebay and they're easy as to rebuild too :p

Buuuuuut nothing really beats a 2 stroke. Once you ride one, you'll be hooked and you'll be off to buy one... Or two... Ask me how I know :p

Yeah this ones a ducar. I should have a look at those bore kits too, cheers.

Yeah bro 2 stroke is the go. I've ridden an old thrashed 250 2 stroke and a newish 400 4 stroke and I'd take the 250 any day. I wasn't even planning on getting a bike for ages. I was going to eventually look at getting a bigger 2 stoke but when my mate messaged me asking if I wanted it I though fk it, I feel like riding a bike today haha.

My mate just bought a new ktm 250 2 stroke but somehow I don't think he would let me have a turn :p

What have you got man?