Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel problem. 2004 1.8L petrol Astra wont start.

Brettdorron

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Astra TS CDX EQUIPE 1.8L
Hi all,

I have a 1.8L petrol Holden Astra that will not start or run without adding petrol or other fuel to the intake. It has been sitting unused for some time as I gifted it to my son and he never got his license. It was last started and moved approximately two years ago.

We put a new battery and new fuel in this week and tried to start it. Upon investigation, I found the in-tank fuel pump was not working and replaced it. The fuel pump is now working and fuel is being pumped through the underbody in-line fuel pump when the ignition is turned on.

My question: What else could be the problem? The engine will start and run when petrol or quick-start/cold-start (etc) is poured or sprayed into the air intake. The engine electrics seem fine. The engine is just not getting fuel even though the fuel pump has been replaced and confirmed as working. The in-line fuel filter has also been checked and confirmed to be passing fuel.

Thanks for any insights.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi all,

I have a 1.8L petrol Holden Astra that will not start or run without adding petrol or other fuel to the intake. It has been sitting unused for some time as I gifted it to my son and he never got his license. It was last started and moved approximately two years ago.

We put a new battery and new fuel in this week and tried to start it. Upon investigation, I found the in-tank fuel pump was not working and replaced it. The fuel pump is now working and fuel is being pumped through the underbody in-line fuel pump when the ignition is turned on.

My question: What else could be the problem? The engine will start and run when petrol or quick-start/cold-start (etc) is poured or sprayed into the air intake. The engine electrics seem fine. The engine is just not getting fuel even though the fuel pump has been replaced and confirmed as working. The in-line fuel filter has also been checked and confirmed to be passing fuel.

Thanks for any insights.
Only guessing? Blocked injecters?

Brettdorron

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Astra TS CDX EQUIPE 1.8L
Thanks guys. It turned out the brand new replacement fuel pump from Repco was also faulty. It’s all good now.

Reactions: Lex