Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel pump no power, ecu? bcm?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
before pulling the pump disconnect the oil pressure switch bridge the 2 fat wires with a paperclip and test for power at the pump again if you cant hear it pumping

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Alright Ill give that a try this arvo, any other ideas to try aswell?

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Also could a faulty dfi be at fault?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
A faulty DFI wouldnt stop the fuel pump power supply......Did you try what delco said in the above post?

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Yeah still nothing but

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Theres nothing else that could really cause this, the wiring diagram shows that the fuel pump power comes from the main 60 amp fusible link , then goes to fuel pump fuse and then to the fuel pump relay. It either going to be one of these 3 components has failed or theres a break in the wiring between them... It could also be the ECU is stuffed and is not commanding the fuel pump to come on..The oil pressure switch gets its power from the main EFI relay, so its on a separate power supply to the fuel pump so it should show power available there...

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Another quick question, I disconnected my battery the other day for like a minute, if I check the fault codes will they all still be there (if any)

Stenny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Fault codes usualy clear if bat is disconnected for about 5 mins or more so they should still be there if any

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
I just checked and I got a code 33, which is apparently the map sensor high voltage? Do I need to check the vacuum hoses and if theyre all good replace the sensor? cheers
edit- just went and checked it all and it all seems fine, just gonna throw a new fuel pump in tomorrow since ive got the day off, will update if the piece of scrape metal kicks over, cheers

Last edited: