Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel pump questions.

Thymelord

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 ute 2000 SIII, wh v8 02 ls1, vy v6 Calais 03
Done a fair bit of searching for a basic as question/s...
Just changed bcm/comp/key fob and no start...(alarm issues).
So I went an disconnected the fuel filter and when I turn ignition to on or turn it over there's no fuel pissing out the now exposed fuel line? It was my previous experience/mistakes that makes me think fuel should be pissing out ??

Vy Calais 03 s2 v6.

Also tried start ya bastard and it acts a little different on turn over but still not trying to ignite. Tia

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No fuel pump sounds like the security system is still active.

When you change out things like the BCM you need to get it re-linked to the PCM to get the security system to work.

Hubcap4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
Fuel pump relay or fuse maybe.
Is a new fuel pump or is it second hand? Could be faulty either way. But i would try taking the fuel pump relay out and bridging the pins with a piece of copper wire then if the fuel pump is working try and start the car then while its running quickly take the piece of wire out n jam the fuse back in

Hubcap4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
Is a new fuel pump or is it second hand? Could be faulty either way. But i would try taking the fuel pump relay out and bridging the pins with a piece of copper wire then if the fuel pump is working try and start the car then while its running quickly take the piece of wire out n jam the fuse back in
I think from a vague memory its pins 5 and 2 but look it up for yourself because it has been awhile for myself.

Also mind sound stupid but you have pressed the unlock button before trying to start it?

Thymelord

Reaction score
Members Ride
No fuel pump sounds like the security system is still active.

When you change out things like the BCM you need to get it re-linked to the PCM to get the security system to work.
So even if I have exact bcm, key fob and computer I still need it linked? I was told it was a straight swap as the new key and comp and bcm are from another exact model. Is PCM not the comp (silver box in passenger foot well.)

Thymelord

Reaction score
Members Ride
Even if I bridge the gap in the fuse port wouldn't the alarm issue still stop it from pumping fuel.? I was under the assumption it would still prime the line as well though.

Thymelord

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think from a vague memory its pins 5 and 2 but look it up for yourself because it has been awhile for myself.

Also mind sound stupid but you have pressed the unlock button before trying to start it?
Yeah I'll try bridging and see what happens thanks, and yeah tried unlocking and locking quite a few times before and after trial and error of other things as well.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
So even if I have exact bcm, key fob and computer I still need it linked? I was told it was a straight swap as the new key and comp and bcm are from another exact model. Is PCM not the comp (silver box in passenger foot well.)
You also need the PIM.
Without the PIM the security info is not passed on to the ECM and car won’t start.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
When a set is sold it should be key head, PIM, ECM and BCM.

You’re going to need to have a tech2 (or similar) plugged in to see what the various systems are seeing. Until then you’ll be poking around in the dark.

It’s entirely possible you didn’t have to swap out the computers and the fault lay elsewhere.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
When a set is sold it should be key head, PIM, ECM and BCM.

You’re going to need to have a tech2 (or similar) plugged in to see what the various systems are seeing. Until then you’ll be poking around in the dark.

It’s entirely possible you didn’t have to swap out the computers and the fault lay elsewhere.
I didnt think the vy v6 had pim? I thought the pim was only in the v8?