Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Sender Unit Installation

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
Just wondering if my fuel sender unit is installed the right way? eg. rotation. etc(see pic)...Because ever since I've had the car I can run out of fuel and then only be able to squeeze 40L back in. (It's a 68L tank). This only happens when parked on an angle but I'm too scared to run it below 1/3. I replaced the fuel pump about a year ago and installed it back the same way but the same problem still exists. When installing the new one there appeared to be no other angle it could be installed on. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_14623.jpg
    IMG_14623.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,702

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
thanks mack. Yours is a different setup however...cause it's a v8 i suppose. Anyone with pics from a V6.

cheers

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
thanks mack. Yours is a different setup however...cause it's a v8 i suppose. Anyone with pics from a V6.

cheers
True, but if you look at the electrical connector positions they are in the same spots, same with the fuel line pipe, its on the left pointing upwards slightly. All the other fuel pump pics ive seen are the same. So I say that yours is in right.

peter65

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp exec
guys... this might be a stupid question... but assuming that the black hose is the fuel supply to the engine... where is the fuel return line from the engine???? pete

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Via a spigot soldered into the tank towards the RHS. It is very common for them to be damaged and leak. The typical trick is to reverse over something and catch the plastic tank guard visible in Mack's photo's which forces it up into the spigot. The return line into the tank sender was introduced late in the VP model (same as in VR, similar to VS) as a fix.