Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel smell in vr ute cab

VSSS_5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5L
Had this problem on my VS SS, fixed it with metal putty stuff. it was cracks on top of the tank around where the metal hose fittings come out. When i bought my VG ute the fuel stink in the cab made me not wanna drive it, pulled the lid off(above the fuel tank), replaced one hose that was cracked and then found the same little cracks around the top of the tank where the hoses came out, got out the metal putty again and cleaned it, puttied all around it...problem completely gone. Its easy in a ute coz u come at the problem from above, dont even have to take the tank out. Coz like 20 bucks for the putty from any car shop and the hose i replaced was like 50cents.

nomad001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v8 ute
worth a go ...thanks

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
sounds like the most likely causes have been flagged above but my daughter's VP had a faulty fuel return valve at the end of the fuel rail and that caused a petrol smell in the cabin and under the hood. Increased fuel consumption too
cheers
Rob