Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel tank on 04 ute 's'

spud04vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vy s ute
i have a s pack ute and though it was a 70lt tank, but every time i fill up it doesnt need as much fuel as i thought. i use it till there is only say 50km left to run and it only needs around 52lts and she's full. i can see how i would need so much fuel to run the last 50kms.

can someone tell me if the 70lt tank is right or if its less. its driving me mad:bang:

thanks

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Pretty sure they are a 65lt tank. If you can get into the hidden menu on the dash you should be able to see what it reads when full.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
It is 65 from memory but to check hold down mode & set while you turn the car on and go through the menu until you reach 'remaining fuel' or something similar and check what that says just after you fill up

spud04vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vy s ute
thanks, i was sure there wasnt 70lts, still it shouldnt need 12lts to do the last 60kms.
cheers

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
From redbook:

Make: HOLDEN
Family: COMMODORE
Model Variant: S
Car Series: VYII
Doors and Body Style: UTILITY
Tank Capacity: 70 litres

Dont always rely on the petrol bowsers though, some of them suck majorly! If you subtract around 5 Litres from the limit that gives 65 before your guage will show empty (roughly). Safety feature to get people to goto the gas station but give them a little more if they can't get there. As for keeping therefore another 12 litres for 50km's that could make sense depending on what your Instaneous fuel reading is. The on-board computer takes into consideration how the fuel economy has been and how it is now and gives a warning depending on when it's needed. If your driving on a freeway it will warn you a lot earlier so you can find a petrol station (mine warned me when i had 120km left coming from Sydney to Melbourne). But if your driving around the city it will warn you at a lower km since petrol stations are more abundant in areas where the speed limit isn't so great (so down here mine gives me a warning when it's down to about 30-50km left).

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
So the VY SS Ute tank should also be 65 litres?
I inspected one yesterday and the owner reckons the tank is only 45 litres!
I was like what the ***? I dont think thats true, thats way too small.
Can someone please confirm the tank size for me?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
It is 70 litres, well meant to be anyways from what Redbook (The "Pricing Authority") says.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
I found out it is definitely 70L by running it dry. It shows 65L in the readout though as the remainder is pretty much reserve.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I've never seen the empty fuel light on my car. Just fill up when its just above a 1/4, problem solved!