Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman sII 5ltr 1995 & VE SS V8 Commodore
You don't need to remove the tank to replace the fuel pump. Refer to the attached instructions from the Holden VR/VS Service manuals:
OMG its very detailed cheers for that i was about to remove hole tank lol. Im removing bolted cap now will let ya know how i go!! Man i have so many car buff mates but yeah too fricken lazy to help Thanks big time eh for the advice

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
OMG its very detailed cheers for that i was about to remove hole tank lol. Im removing bolted cap now will let ya know how i go!! Man i have so many car buff mates but yeah too fricken lazy to help Thanks big time eh for the advice
Well new fuel pump installed and she is still cutting out in mid drive

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Sounds like you might have a faulty Hall Effect Sensor (HES) in your distributor. When it cuts out, does it start again straight away, or do you have to wait until the engine cools down before it will start? A faulty HES in the Holden V8 will generally cause the engine to missfire/cut out, until it fails completely and the car won't start. The distributor can be removed, the HES replaced, and the distributor re-installed. However, given the age of the car, it's probably more cost effective to replace the distributor with a brand new one.

Attachments

• VR-VS V8 Distributor Remove-Repair-Replace.pdf
    101.5 KB · Views: 121
  • VR-VS V8 Distributor and Leads.jpg
    VR-VS V8 Distributor and Leads.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 93

lwessel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds like you might have a faulty Hall Effect Sensor (HES) in your distributor. When it cuts out, does it start again straight away, or do you have to wait until the engine cools down before it will start? A faulty HES in the Holden V8 will generally cause the engine to missfire/cut out, until it fails completely and the car won't start. The distributor can be removed, the HES replaced, and the distributor re-installed. However, given the age of the car, it's probably more cost effective to replace the distributor with a brand new one.
Hi, yes she starts straight away, yeah thats the next step HES replacement i think when we degreased the engine water might have got in dizzy, but maybe not just might be stuffed anyway deff replace whole dizzy with new one hopefully not hard to buy and such a small area to work with. Thanks for your help