Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fully Lowered

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
Uhm recently my suspension stuffed up @ 164,000ks, so i got a new lowered one, boge shocks and sssl rear and ssl front, i did have 245s on the back and 225 on the front (on 20s), now that it has been lowered all guards are rolled and the rear bumper has a chunk cut out to prevent scrubbing... But !!! The wheel place put the 225s on the back and the 245s on the front !!! very weird, but they said the 245s will scrub nonstop on the rear, so i was wondering, is it safe to go 225 all around ?? Also, im not sure what the weird current tyre arrangement could lead to, maybe put the traction control out of whack a bit or something else...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I wouldnt worry about traction control not working, i'd be more worried about the lack of suspension travel and bottoming out over large bumps.

vr wagoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz calais
I've got 245/30/20 all round on my Calais with no problems at all. Not sure what ur tyre place is doin but ur 245's should be on the rear and the 225's should fit easy on the front.

Low06VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WK HSV Grange #120
I'd have to agree, i've got no idea what your tyre joint is thinking. I have 245s on the rear, and they just fit under my wagon, and i have 225s on the front. This is largely because i wouldn't clear 245s up front, they chop into the guard, even though they are rolled. I'd swap the rims from front to back and leave it that way. Plus wider tyres on the ass look nice.

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
It was ozzy tyres, they reckon the 245s scrubbed non stop when they tested it, and they said they had to cut the rear bumper a bit to make the 225s work... Very odd i know, but im also no expert

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Your tyre shop is full of it, with rolled guards it will clear. Ive got 245's rear lowered, not rolled. I haven't scrubbed the Tyre, ever. I know 245's should scrub if you haven't rolled them, but i think my brand of tyre is a different shape or something, not a square edge, but if i got a camber kit it would scrub.

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
I cbf dealing with them, so i went and bought a pair of 225/35/20 for the front... drives fines and looks like i have almost no tyre :)
one thing though, did you or anyone else remove any of that plastic guard crap on the inside of the guards, looks like it takes up too much room, not sure whats underneath though...