Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fun with nitrous

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
hmmm wierd,i dont know why but it just performed so much better,i suspected as much about the quarter throttle burnout but didnt know it wasnt having any effect at all,so what is actually happening when its poured into the air intake? basically adding an extra burning gas into the chamber?

So I'm just going to put this out there...regardless of your supposed NOS in the fuel tank....the reason why your mangmobile is getting wheelspin at quarter throttle is because it's a paddock basher and it's on grass

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
nitromethane referred to as nitro in model airplane fuel sounds more like what his mate got his hands on.
probably not advisable to run unless he wants his engine to blow up, it also deteriorates some rubber and plastic compounds.

As an engine fuel

Nitromethane is used as a fuel in motor racing, particularly drag racing, as well as for rockets and Radio Control models (such as cars, planes and helicopters) and is commonly referred to in this context as "nitro". The oxygen content of nitromethane enables it to burn with much less atmospheric oxygen.

4CH3NO2 + 3O2 → 4CO2 + 6H2O + 2N2

Nitromethane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
This thread is the reason why i keep snooping around on JC, my commodore days are behind me but i love logging in from time to time to read stuff like this, keep up the good work lads :)

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
32195_1491926539309_1268393558_31390286_8065068_n.jpg

ice_cold17

Ice Cold
Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Executive S2
well it didnt have NOS written on it,was just a bottle he told me it was NOS,probably wasnt then,was probably an additive,wasnt on grass,was at his workshop

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
so it was a NOS bottle with water in it which he poured into the fuel tank, did a burnout on grass in your mates workshop and now the engine is siezed

Good work

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
my brother in law gave me an empty NOS tank, if i put it in my commodore, will it run 12's? lol

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
thanks OP! you just got me in trouble at work for LMFAO at this thread!

but seriously... stupid much?