Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Funny things people have said about cars.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Im gonna so try somthing like that..
"So what i did was undo the sump plug, start up the motor and run out all the oil for 10 mins, wait for the red light and then turn it off and fill her up again. was that right?"

Im gonna say that to my dads mechanic mate ROFL

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
had a tosser when I was an apprentice, compulsive liar, but anyway, apparently he had a walkinshaw vb with a 351 ford motor.
never saw it, never saw him after a few days either.

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Had a mate who told a mate of mine with a single cam beamer if he wanted more power he should just shove another cam in. lol

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I knew this tosser from high school who said his VS was supercharged because he thought his POD filter was a supercharger. Me and my mates used to ask him whether his VS had dual carbies. He replied "Umm yeh i think so"

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
have seen a silly prick fill his car with up to 10 litres of oil only to realise it was going out the sump plug hole, where he had forgotten to replace the plug....

Kenster84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
this is for people who has mate who are honda fans and the most exggrating thing i have sat in as well personally would be the "vtec engine" i think that would be enough said

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
My naive mate: My REVOMETER was pointing to the 5 is that good ?

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Not really about cars but when i did my spare parts training one of the mechanics asked me to find a lollie for him called a wedge brake actuator. I was like "why" he said it will give me good experience in finding hard things. So off i went all day ringing corner shops and candy bars and milk bars. Nobody had heard of them. The mechenic said it was like a life saver. Well i kept looking and still couldnt find if by the end of the day. Little did i know that all day everyone was laughing at me coz a wedge brake actuator is a brake part of air operated brakes for a army trailor!!! Was not happy but learnt my lesson lmao

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
You run into all sorts of nitwits at car shows and especially motorbike shows, for some reason...perhaps they want to impress people...
My old '74 Kawasaki H2-750 2-stroke triple (see avatar pic) attracts all sorts of nutters at shows.

I heard a heated arguement at our local Autobarn store years back when it was still "Bumpa-T-Bumpa", when some guy in his late 40's asked the manager for a rear window louvre for a Toyota Lexcen. The store manager got down a louvre for a Commodore, and the guy was most indignant..."no, it's for a Toyota, not a Holden", and it went on and on for about ten minutes, until the manager said he would see if there was one in the storeroom, where he told me he peeled off the "suits VN/VP Commodore" sticker and sold it without a blink from the guy....:rofl: