Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Future Classic?

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I have had my VX SS from new, so it is 17 years old, I am going to pass it on to my grandson, might not be worth a lot but at least he can say it was his grand dads when he is older and if he keeps it in as good of condition as it is now it should be of interest. If I stop driving in say the next 10 years it will probably only have about 110,000 km on it then. Lucky if it does 2000 km a year at the moment.

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
I work with a bloke who has a stock standard, base model Series 1 AU Falcon, 6cyl that he's keeping in his shed cause "it'll be worth a mint in years to come". I can't convince him otherwise, and heck I'm no expert, but generally they had to be desirable in the first place?

Why go a VX with it's melted ice-cream look...? Save for a bit longer and get a VZ Calais like this members :D
img_0788-jpg.143090

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In all honesty, my fav would be a VY series 2. Love the body kit, wheels colours and interior, but they are still. Just a bit exxy. Perhaps by the end of 2019, they too will bottom out.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I reckon you would need a pretty large imagination if you thought an AU would ever be desirable..... They didn't nic name the awfully ugly for nothing

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I work with a bloke who has a stock standard, base model Series 1 AU Falcon, 6cyl that he's keeping in his shed cause "it'll be worth a mint in years to come". I can't convince him otherwise, and heck I'm no expert, but generally they had to be desirable in the first place?

Why go a VX with it's melted ice-cream look...? Save for a bit longer and get a VZ Calais like this members :D
img_0788-jpg.143090

Honestly, some of the less desireable cars can bring in good coin in later years....Maybe not as much as the more desireable ones, but none the less, it exists at this stage....Later years, who knows

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

Geez... don't put that on the Ford forum. That 'waterfall' grille and oval theme is considered classic design brilliance.
You will get your comments censored, your roof rocked, and hit with a big ban stick.
Yes, I am on the Ford forum, and have copped a couple of serves on my opinions.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I work with a bloke who has a stock standard, base model Series 1 AU Falcon, 6cyl that he's keeping in his shed cause "it'll be worth a mint in years to come". I can't convince him otherwise, and heck I'm no expert, but generally they had to be desirable in the first place

Thanks for the laugh
That's the funniest thing I've read online today :D

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Even if you weren't a Commodore fan, it's hard to be kind about the AU. There was hardly a single feature about its appearance that didn't look wrong.