Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gas vs Petrol

VHSLE-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Well I have been running gas for over 8 years now and I swear by it, especially out on them cruises I fill my tank in my 5.0 litre VB and it cost me around $17.00 and my mate fills his VN Calais 5.0 litre and it cost him around $60 we do the same cruise I used about half a tank and he used about half a tanks as well so $9.00 verses $30.00 roughly. So I will stick with gas.
Also if you tune it right it goes hard

filtnineee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
petrol will soon enough hit 1.60 so get ya cars converted i say, gas wont be going anywhere in price, and at this rate if u do at least 20,000 a year u will recover the cost in under a year
but u will be lucky to get one of the good ones installed now till chrissy

R

ROONEY

Just thought I would let ya's know that anyone interested in finding out more about gas conversions , gas research in dandenong (victoria) are the place to speak to or check out there website http://www.gasresearchpc.com.au/

C

Claude

Its unheard of for a car to use LPG here in the U.S.A. There are propane injection kits for diesel trucks but propane cars are few and far between. The other day a lady came into the parts store I worked at with a car that was a duel fuel Petrol/natural gas. Everyone was in awe and mesmorized by it.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Sorry bringing up a old thread, just wanted to post.
I run dual fuel system, CAI and K&N air filter... I get 550Kms per tank, 70L tank, when I do freeway drive on cruise I get like 6L/100Km... I think that's great! My average fuel consumption is like under 10L/100Km's. O yeh, this is for a 96 VS Commodore Calais, Sedan. I don't notice any power difference. All these people say gas loses so much power is wrong. I got my gas conversion when the government rebate was on and I had to pay nothing.