Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gauge questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
On some cars, the 3 gauges mounted in cups on the bonnet looks good, take Geoff (Wagon_Wheel)'s blown VS Clubby for example, they look tough (but also serve a purpose, not just wank factor) as well in the black cups.

Mount them on your bonnet, but don't mount a rev tacho if you already have one, that's just gay. Mount a water, oil and volt gauge on your bonnet in cups.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Theres ways to mount gauges you NEED.

I've posted pics of my mates VS in other threads. All perfectly acceptable on a turbo'd car, and not mounted in a stupid position.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Agreed. Not a whole heap of point having water, volts etc on a stocko car in my opinion. That's just me though.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Can someone explain the point of a monster tacho and shift light for an auto?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Can someone explain the point of a monster tacho and shift light for an auto?

Can someone also do the same, for a manual!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Who cares, its his car and he wants to have it.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Monster tachos on street cars is an absolute waste of money. They look crap and if your dash has a tacho why do you need a bigger one? I can see my tacho perfectly from where it is which is right in front of my eyes and not to the side or below. Also I can't see the point of a shift light for a street car either, if you do off street drags then fair enough but if your worried you might change gears a little late or too soon on the street then you need help AND you shouldn't be hooning around the streets anyway cause you might end up killing someone innocent like some of the other morons you see on the news.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Alot of people mount monster tachos in their cabins so they think other drivers who don't know much about cars, will look in their car and think they have some majorly insanely fast car because they have a monster tacho mounted inside, but the driver of the monster tacho with the car attached to it plays it down and drives normally and pretends they have a fast car they drive sensibly, when in fact, they don't have a fast car at all. lol.

That's my theory on monster tacho owners anyway. People with stocko Lancers with cannon exhausts and a huge monster tacho never fail to make me almost stack my car due to laughing so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.